Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced their bonnet scoop with a black one? I've seen R56's with chrome ones and black ones, and I think they look badass! I want a back scoop for my VO F56 Cooper S!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Has anyone replaced their bonnet scoop with a black one? I've seen R56's with chrome ones and black ones, and I think they look badass! I want a back scoop for my VO F56 Cooper S!
Me too!

Post back if you find parts please!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I will likewise, been looking for a little while but can't find anything yet-surely just a matter of time...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi, new to the forum but I've just ordered my white silver MCS and I'm awaiting a delivery date.

I'm also looking at changing to a black bonnet scoop when it arrives and had a couple of other options I've been considering:

Temporary solution- plastidip the scoop surround for a matte black finish that can be removed/ replaced later on
Permanent- a local paint shop has quoted me around £55 for a proper respray of the scoop.

Good alternatives to spending £200+ on importing a CF replacement for me...

I'm also thinking about plastidip for the chrome head and tail light surrounds for a meaner look :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I think that's what I'll end up doing pal, but I don't know of a good bodyshop near me. I used a company near work to cover a stone graze (who has boulders on their driveway anyway?) on my rocco before I chopped it in for my MCS.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have my bonnet scoop dipped in matte black... I think it looks darn good!!!

Very nice! Did you dip the front grille chromework too? I'm trying to figure out how easy/difficult that will be to get off the car as presumably that would have a better finish, or did you dip while everything was still attached?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Such a shame that there is no F56 bonnet scoop in roof contrast colours. It really looks great on your cars!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I wish to paint/dip the inside fake scoop intake plastic honeycomb part which blocks the actual intake. Has anyone removed/replaced this part before?

I don't want to remove this part entirely as I understand it's there to potentially reduce drag but I think it looks too obviously fake even from far away and maybe painting it black will make it a bit more stealthy?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts