Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I've booked my car in to have the black-line treatment! I'm opting for a wrap as its not permanent and doesn't affect my insurance, plus its cheaper. :)

I'm getting the following wrapped in gloss black:
- Front Light Surrounds
- Rear Light Surrounds
- Entire Grille (minus the S badge)

So hopefully, my SD will have a more stealth like appearance. £100 for this, I'll see what it looks like with this done before I think about the belt line.

I'll post some before and after photos when it's done, my booking is like maybe.. 4th May because their super busy but thought I'd fill you in earlier than necessary as usual!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I've booked my car in to have the black-line treatment! I'm opting for a wrap as its not permanent and doesn't affect my insurance, plus its cheaper. :)

I'm getting the following wrapped in gloss black:

- Front Light Surrounds

- Rear Light Surrounds

- Entire Grille (minus the S badge)

So hopefully, my SD will have a more stealth like appearance. £100 for this, I'll see what it looks like with this done before I think about the belt line.

I'll post some before and after photos when it's done, my booking is like maybe.. 4th May because their super busy but thought I'd fill you in earlier than necessary as usual!

You should go for the beltline and door handles too... Looks so much better imo

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should go for the beltline and door handles too... Looks so much better imo

You are probably right in saying that, but I think I'm going to do it in stages just to be sure, maybe I'll like a happy medium between chrome and de-chromed? We'll see!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm popping back to see the guy who did mine at the end of April so he can put them on my rear bumper (having my bumper resprayed after someone kindly drove into me!) so I'll ask him if he can do some copies for anyone who wants some

·
Registered
407 Posts
I always thought wrap or paint have to be declared?

I'm thinking colour coded for mine :)
Even if they don't require declaration, I have always been told to declare it to your ins. company anyway. That way they can't deny your claim at any point due to modifications on your car.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tomorrow is the day my grille and light surrounds get wrapped in gloss black, I'm really looking forward to it - hope it gives my car a more stealth look which is why I went for all black! I'll post some before and after shots tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Good luck Brandon...I'm sure it will look great!

John

Reactions: brandonbardsley

·
Registered
52 Posts
wish the price of wrapping was that cheap here in Australia. The quotes i've received just for the headlights, tail lights and grill was $350. And to add the door handles and belt line was an additional $350.

At that price point, i'm better off buying black oem replacement parts.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.