Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one out there that have picture on a thundergrey with 17" black wheels and or the 18" aluminum. Can't decide what to order... ;) Heeelp!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I bottled getting black in the end. It would have looked fantastic, but my parking skills are a little ropey. They would look terrible, very quickly.
Had I been competent-black for sure.

·
Registered
70 Posts
For my birthday, my son treated my 15" rims to the black treatment with a satin finish... they look like they should be there from the factory, especially with the black plastic trim and black roof over the pepper white!

(He wanted to do the chrome as well, but I haven't tired of it yet...)

·
Registered
137 Posts
For my birthday, my son treated my 15" rims to the black treatment with a satin finish... they look like they should be there from the factory, especially with the black plastic trim and black roof over the pepper white!

(He wanted to do the chrome as well, but I haven't tired of it yet...)
Do you have any pictures and what did he actually do them? Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mine are 17" Black Cosmos. I went for these for two reasons:

1. They are simple to look at. I was sick & tired of cleaning the intricate spokes of the Flame alloys I had on my R56. Far too fiddly and finger damaging.

2. I figured the brake dust, which cakes the silver alloys and is a swine to remove, would be much less noticeable on the black wheels!

My car is Blazing Red, and I think it looks great with the black wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts