Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to find some new OEM Blackline headlight/tail light rings on eBay for a very good price: The front ones seem easy to install, since you can see the clips once the bonnet is raised. There are separate clip pieces that seem to just attach to the clips molded into the rings. The tail lights look more difficult and I assume you need to open the boot and remove the lining behind each light?

Has anyone completed this change, if so could you throw some light on what I need to do to remove the rear tail light rings?

Many thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
I managed to find some new OEM Blackline headlight/tail light rings on eBay for a very good price: The front ones seem easy to install, since you can see the clips once the bonnet is raised. There are separate clip pieces that seem to just attach to the clips molded into the rings. The tail lights look more difficult and I assume you need to open the boot and remove the lining behind each light?

Has anyone completed this change, if so could you throw some light on what I need to do to remove the rear tail light rings?

Many thanks
Buy an interior trim tool (bone tool). Insert it where the clips are (just look at the back of new ones to locate them), then give it a twist. Have a cloth or something over the paint if your hands aren't steady. Better yet, just tape up the paint next to the rings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.