Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my MCS for 6 months or so now. It is a mighty machine. One downside is that the slightest amount of dirt seems to turn the Blazing Red into a red-brown dull beef & tomato soup colour. Then again, you clean it and the sun comes out and...

Overall, though, I am underwhelmed by the MINI colour options. I am sure they have been researched to death, and it is all a matter of personal taste, but I think the blue and BRG miss the mark, I prefer bright white to cream white and Renault liquid yellow to VO and a charcoal grey is missing etc. I found myself trying to find an acceptable colour rather than being torn between two or three, especially after storm grey was veto'd by Mrs H.

How happy are you with your choice now you have lived with it for a year or so? Anyone still like 5-day moonwalk? :D

·
Registered
358 Posts
Rebel Green here and love it to bits, in some lights it looks black and in others it looks so similar to BRG, and I know this is a JCW colour only unfortunately, however if I were to buy brand new I think I would only have spec'd either BRG or Rebel Green

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
HD,I have the same color combo it looks great when it is clean but mine always has a fine layer of brown dust 2 hours after I wash the car on it. Welcome to Arizona. What bugs me the must is the stone chips the primer just sticks out with the red color.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rebel Green here and love it to bits, in some lights it looks black and in others it looks so similar to BRG, and I know this is a JCW colour only unfortunately, however if I were to buy brand new I think I would only have spec'd either BRG or Rebel Green
I agree - I think the BRG should have been Rebel. I love BRG in theory (in fact that was my original plan), but I think it needs to be a bit meaner on the F56.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wife's '13 chili red, my liquid silver/white. Been using Mequiar's Wash & Wax. Helps.
I quite like the silver/white. The problem with Meguiar's Wash & Wax (like all washes and waxes) is that you have to wash & wax the car with it for it to be effective. This is something that is not going to happen in my household; paying the nice Polish men to jetwash and rinse it off with a sponge is as good as it's going to get although I did polish out the bird poo stain the other day.

·
Registered
68 Posts
So I've had my MCS for 6 months or so now. It is a mighty machine. One downside is that the slightest amount of dirt seems to turn the Blazing Red into a red-brown dull beef & tomato soup colour. Then again, you clean it and the sun comes out and...

Overall, though, I am underwhelmed by the MINI colour options. I am sure they have been researched to death, and it is all a matter of personal taste, but I think the blue and BRG miss the mark, I prefer bright white to cream white and Renault liquid yellow to VO and a charcoal grey is missing etc. I found myself trying to find an acceptable colour rather than being torn between two or three, especially after storm grey was veto'd by Mrs H.

How happy are you with your choice now you have lived with it for a year or so? Anyone still like 5-day moonwalk? :D
I'm 73 and when I had my MCS built, my wife and I spent a lot of time researching and building, as this will most likely be my last car (only drive around 2700 miles a year and figure I'll be driving for another 10-15 years). My wife is a graphic artist and when she saw the Moonwalk Gray, she said "this is the color."

So I am in love with my two month old Moonwalk Gray MCS with black wheels, black mirrors, top and JCW black stripes with red edging on bonnet.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I wish the Blazing red was more like that red you get on a Clio. I would have definitely gone for it. Shame Chilli red isn't metallic. Dark blue (True Blue?) again is lacking due to being non-metallic IMO. Would be stunning if it had a metallic fleck. Pepper white is rubbish - it reminds me on old bras that have been through the wash too often. If they had made it pearlescent instead.....

I think Volcanic is one of the best colours for the MINI (I'm not saying that because I have one) but a MINI can carry off a bright colour with it's personality. I think a purple like the classic Amaranth Mini Cooper or the Audi Java green would look stunning.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Pepper white is rubbish - it reminds me on old bras that have been through the wash too often. If they had made it pearlescent instead.....
Mine's Pepper White lol

I didn't used to like it but it's grown on me now :)

I must admit that out of all the colours if I was to choose again it would be melting silver or white silver

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Mine's Pepper White lol

I didn't used to like it but it's grown on me now :)

I must admit that out of all the colours if I was to choose again it would be melting silver or white silver

I like White Silver. Looks amazing in the sunshine (when it's clean), it really sparkles. Not that the sun shines very often in Aberdeen!!;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wish the Blazing red was more like that red you get on a Clio. I would have definitely gone for it. Shame Chilli red isn't metallic. Dark blue (True Blue?) again is lacking due to being non-metallic IMO. Would be stunning if it had a metallic fleck. Pepper white is rubbish - it reminds me on old bras that have been through the wash too often. If they had made it pearlescent instead......
^^^my thoughts exactly (well, apart from the bras thing).

I think Renault have two stunning colours in Flame Red...

...and Liquid Yellow

And Ford have the best white IMO in Frozen White which is why I used it on my Puma :D :

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.