Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys! I am new to this forum. I have a dilemma! Currently, I own a chili red with white top, and I am currently contemplating on whether to get again another shade of red - blazing red with black top. I was originally opting for a black and black but this blazing red has a great deal on it right now. What do you guys think? Should I wait or what are your opinions on the blazing red color (likes/dislikes-pros/cons)?

Looking to make a decision today!

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I bought mine unseen and when the Dealer called me to let me know it is here I was like a kid in a toy store picking the car up. It looked fantastic.:D:D

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
508 Posts
I had any choice in colours when buying mine and was willing to pay the extra $2k for the brg or deep blue but upon seeing it all, i actually loved the chilli red with black roof combo and it didnt cost me anything extra. It purely comes down to personal choice.

Other things to contemplate, black is the hardest colour to keep clean but looks a treat when nice and shiny
Red seems to be the number 1 colour in fading and attracting bird poo

I live in a fairly hot climate and chose a black roof, not the smartest decision but thats when looks over common sense comes into play.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well I am biased but I recommend the Blazing Red, see link > http://www.minif56.com/forum/321-introductions/46458-bit-slow-off-mark.html
The colour was a shade darker than we thought it would be but it looks great when it shines in the sunlight. A colleague commented his neighbour also has a Blazing red and a Chilli red mini, and the Chilli looks a bit orange next to the Blazing Red. I think on their own either look great, you just have to decide if you want to pay the extra for metallic to shine in the sun???

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I had any choice in colours when buying mine and was willing to pay the extra $2k for the brg or deep blue but upon seeing it all, i actually loved the chilli red with black roof combo and it didnt cost me anything extra. It purely comes down to personal choice.

Other things to contemplate, black is the hardest colour to keep clean but looks a treat when nice and shiny
Red seems to be the number 1 colour in fading and attracting bird poo

I live in a fairly hot climate and chose a black roof, not the smartest decision but thats when looks over common sense comes into play.
Opposite for me as Chilli isn't a standard colour on a Cooper so only way to get it was to spec the sport kit (£4k) :eek: but worth it :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, my Blazing Red Mini Hardtop. I had my special ordered with the SAME COLOR roof. I did not like having an either black or white roof. Go for it, you won't be sorry!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I vote Blazing Red...gorgeous color!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, my Blazing Red Mini Hardtop. I had my special ordered with the SAME COLOR roof. I did not like having an either black or white roof. Go for it, you won't be sorry!
Strange, in the UK it's a choice of black, white or body colour no special order required! Funny how different parts of the world is different and also spec's..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts