Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only option my car is missing is the ability to stream music via bluetooth. I played with a car on the lot that had the Nav system and IMHO it was too quirky of a system and the nav joystick was too akwardly placed to justify its cost.

Using a usb cable with my phone has been fine, but I'd prefer bluetooth for the convenience. I just learned about the Tune2Air device from ViseeO. *If* it works as advertised then it will be perfect. It plugs into the factory USB port and then mimics the phone being plugged in, but it uses bluetooth. I ordered one through amazon this morning and did the $6 same day shipping (pretty good deal IMHO). I'll report back on how well it works functionality wise and audio wise later today.
http://www.viseeostore.com/products/viseeo-tune2air-wma1000.html

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well it didnt work. I paired a Galaxy S4 and an iPhone 6 with Tune2Air and neier was able to stream Pandora. Stereo said device not compatible for both phones. I will be returning it. Too bad...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Apologies for digging up an old thread, but I'll add my dissatisfaction with Tune2Air. I read in some other forums that this dongle *did* work with an F56, but I've tried just about everything I know to try…and it--"works," but only through the AUX port/headphone jack that's part of the unit. It was a BEAR getting my iPhone 6S Plus to connect via the unit's Bluetooth connectivity too.

The stock radio in my MINI reads "Not compatible" when plugged in via USB. The whole point for me was to have Tune2Air work over USB so I can stream audio over A2DP & still have artist/song title show up/use the radio knob to select playlists/artists/albums/etc. (I have the base/stock radio).

Will be putting it up on eBay I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.