Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone share if they have experienced similar issues. I haven't contacted the dealer yet as they are 50 miles away and don't want to seem too pedantic.

I collected my new Mini Cooper two weeks ago on 19th, the car has the chili pack and paid extra for the visual display and some other extras. Volcanic Orange with black front stripes, black roof and blacked out rear windows, black alloys. Love the car and how it drives.

However I seem to be experiencing issues with the Bluetooth connection and DAB radio.

Bluetooth issues..
My iPhone 6 is sysc'd and connected to use music and telephone function. On 3 to 1 occasion it will auto connect to my phone and pick up the telephone and my Spotify playlist. On those 1 to 3 times I will start the car and it will state 'connecting' or something similar. I will drive a full 20 min journey and still no connection has been made. If I turn the car on and off sometimes it will reconnect and sometimes the car refuses. It is so frustrating when you can't listen to your music or ring anyone. I have tried removing the Mini Bluetooth saved devices from my Bluetooth connections on my phone but when the phone searches for a new Bluetooth connection there is no Bluetooth activated coming from the Mini (this is when the car Bluetooth refuses to work). The Mini connections will also state something about activating Bluetooth but I thought this was activated all the time? Is there anywhere in the car which switches off Bluetooth? To reconnect my phone - this will only work on a new journey when the car has been switched off for a while. Has anyone else experienced similar issues. I thought it can't be so unreliable. My last car was a Mini but the old model. I had Bluetooth for telephone and was so reliable, never any issues.

DAB radio issues...when my Bluetooth fails to work I switch to radio. However there appears to be static in the radio. The audio-sound appears to jump or cut out with tiny crackle sounds, this happens every 30 or 60 seconds. I have tried switching radio channels and every channel is the same. I also had DAB on the last Mini and never experienced and sound quality issues. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Many thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can' help you with the iphone issues, but your dab issues could relate to charging your phone. The 12v socket to USB converters often generate a local field that disrupts the DAB. I've had this on Volkswagens, Volvo and now Mini. Apparently the Mini branded version does not suffer this issue, though I just charge the phone at work instead...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Both the mentioned issues don't seem normal to me. I have had no issues with the bluetooth so far, it connects within seconds.

My phone is on charge all the time whilst I am in the car and have no DAB issues. I would say have it seen by the dealer..

S

·
Registered
478 Posts
I had a loan Mini which had exactly the same problem. Bluetooth would sometimes work, sometimes not, when it wasn't working all any Bluetooth function would say is "Please wait...." but nothing ever happened. When Bluetooth wasn't working, all music from USB or Radio had a strange hiccup every 10 to 15 seconds. It was only a loan car so not my problem, didn't have the problem in our car (same iPhone and cable). I also read on here last night someone also experienced the same problem, where BMW blamed the phone and cable.

·
Super Moderator
8,623 Posts
Android, Samsung galaxy s3 mini works and always has perfectly with Bluetooth. Get in and its connected. No crackles via dab, but drop outs in poor signal areas are significant. That's why we need to fight to keep fm!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi this is my first post, but I think I have the answer.

I've got the same problem: Radio static clicking noise every 10, 20 30 secs or so. V. annoying. The clicking is audible on DAB, FM and USB! Also have issues connecting BT sometimes.

After lots of fiddling, I have found that resetting the radio works. Hold the 'power/mute' button for about 10 secs - until a big mini logo appears in the radio display. The clicking will have stopped... until next time. Unfortunately, this also cleared my stored favourite stations.

This also resolves my BT connection problem too; and you don't have to re-pair your mobile either which is a bonus.

Hope this helps. Just got to sort all my other issues out now. Will probably post some Qs or As about those later....

TTFN!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello! As my car has been at the garage for other stuff - again... I thought I'd ask about the crappy radio problem. I was told there was nothing that can be done until a new software patch is release in Oct 16 ish. MINI are aware of the issues and have finally done something! My garage is going to call me when they have it ready, so hopefully this will be my radio sorted......

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! As my car has been at the garage for other stuff - again... I thought I'd ask about the crappy radio problem. I was told there was nothing that can be done until a new software patch is release in Oct 16 ish. MINI are aware of the issues and have finally done something! My garage is going to call me when they have it ready, so hopefully this will be my radio sorted......
Did you get this sorted? I have the same problem, wondering if it it worth taking it to dealer to sort DAB and BT issues?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.