Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hy there!
Just got registered into the forum and introduced myself in the proper area!
For those who hasn't read here's the deal:

Here in Brazil the 1.5 F56 models are kind of a surprise-package...
They come with the "basis" sound system (the one with the monochrome orange screen) and everything else you may or may not have and the only way of knowing is when the dealer actually receives the car... For instance: mine has the auto windscreen wipers and headlights, rear parking sensors but no bluetooth, so they said.
The strangeness here is: the phone management buttons are installed on the steering wheel, there is a specific button on the dashboard for the phone functions, but when pressed says "phone functions not available".
For all that looks, the hardware seems to be there, and maybe it's just a firmware update away from enabling those functions.... Am I wrong?
The salesgirl from the dealership said that this lack of bluetooth is a very common complain in Brazil and the local BMW/Mini office is "working on a way of solving this question".
Does anyone has any information on that?

(Just for information the 2.0 S version doesn't suffer from this schizophrenia, you can have the Exclusive version with the visual boost sound system, everything auto (wipers, headlights, rear view mirror) full led for the headlamps, fog lamps, DRL and brake and leather seats, the Nav version witch adds the sat-nav and the Top version, witch is basically the same fully loaded mini you may know with sunroof, harman-kardon, HUD, adaptive cruise control and park assist. The Top version is about USD20.000,00 pricier than the 1.5 Base version.)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
That's very interesting...must be a Brazil-specific thing...

In North America and, as far as I know, most of Europe, Bluetooth hands-free calling is standard. Bluetooth audio for music is extra, however - you have to get Visual Boost...

I wonder you would be able to code in Bluetooth calling after the fact...

·
Super Moderator
7,899 Posts
Very odd, Bluetooth standard I'd fitted to all uk minis as standard.you pay extra for music streaming.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dear mrs, good morning!!
Sirius, that's the point I was trying to reach... We have a regulatory agency for all kind of telecomunications (something like the FCC) called Anatel. In the car's paperwork there is a pullout regarding Anatel's ratification for the embedded bluetooth even with a holographic seal... Didn't knew about this handsfree/audio streaming configuration, but at least the phone calls are a safety item in my point of view.
I'm very prone to believe that it's somehow software disabled, but it's very difficult to find more information on this subject.
The product itself is too fresh in our shores, even the dealerships aren't quite ready to give more detailed information. All they talk about is engine, transmission and brakes!
There was two units in the stock when I bought mine, the pepper white and the volcanic orange... I would go to the orange, but the salesgirl said that it doesn't had bluetooth handsfree but the white one had and when I got the car... Surprise!!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
My guess is that Bluetooth hasn't been approved yet by Anatel.

The hardware must be there though and MINI must have disabled it through coding for Brazil.

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey there!
Here are the regulatory stamps by Anatel seems to be a green light from Anatel! Let's see in the first maintenance if someone from the dealership can help with this...

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Lauas. I'm from Brasil too and I also have the same problem.... Any new information regarding the bluetooth issue?

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts