Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 2014 Mini cooper with Mini connected but couldn't streaming the audio (TuneIn Radio, Youtube etc) via Bluetooth from My Samsung S4.

Each time, the car plays the stored song in my phone and the TuneIn Radio all together, once I turned off the music player for the stored song, the TuneIn Radio stopped too. I couldn't just streaming TuneIn Radio....

Tested old Andriod Nexus and iPhone 3GS, both worked perfectly with streaming audio.

Anyone had similar issue and know how to fix it?

appreciate.:(

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I got 2014 Mini cooper with Mini connected but couldn't streaming the audio (TuneIn Radio, Youtube etc) via Bluetooth from My Samsung S4.

Each time, the car plays the stored song in my phone and the TuneIn Radio all together, once I turned off the music player for the stored song, the TuneIn Radio stopped too. I couldn't just streaming TuneIn Radio....

Tested old Andriod Nexus and iPhone 3GS, both worked perfectly with streaming audio.

Anyone had similar issue and know how to fix it?

appreciate.:(
Sorry to hear that I'm sure the folks on here with cars will be able to chip in

Good luck

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am speaking from personal experience as I had similar issues. My car is fitted with the media XL option, my iPhone 5s has the Mini connected options with web radio. The Mini directory has a Mini connected option when your phone connects to the car it is supposed to go on the internet and enable web search, web radio tune in etc. in my case it did not. There was a problem that required a software upgrade from Mini and they also had to replace my media centre. The long and the short of it is my Mini connected app now works and allows me to use web radio tune in etc. I also have the e call and car data transfer options these also work now and I am very pleased with it.

You need the options fitted in the car otherwise you are reliant on your handset as the receiver and this relays to the car which if course is dependant on signal strength and type. Do not assume you are using the car aerial etc for signal. From what you have said it appears your system is behaving like my last statement.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Looks like you have got some choices - get your dealer to upgrade the Mini software, change your phone, or live with it. Either way, for the benefit of others, let us know how you get on.
Texy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like you have got some choices - get your dealer to upgrade the Mini software, change your phone, or live with it. Either way, for the benefit of others, let us know how you get on.
Texy
The dealer said I need wait for potential software upgrade. There are none upgrade now.

The work around I found last night:

1. Connect Samsung S4 to the care via bluetooth.
2. The phone will open music player by default. Close the music player.
3. Open TuneIn Radio to re-gain the speaker control from the music player.
4. close TuneIn Radio and open the source of your music(Youtube, Groovy etc)
5. Now you can play youtube via bluetooth audio.

Any one has same issue or knows easier solution?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2015 mini cooper bluetooth compatibility ... NOT

I purchased a 2015 Mini Cooper Countryman with the Mini Connect. Works fine with my wife's IPHONE 6 but not my Samsung Note 4. It would appear that the Mini Connect is not truly Bluetooth Compliant since it has difficulty maintaining a connection with Bluetooth compliant multimedia phones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts