Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just wanted to share with you a little mod I did. As you know the catching point on our clutch is so far up that it makes 1st to 2nd gear a bit jerky with all the torque. The clutch stop gets rid of all that dead end space towards the rear to make shifting faster and smoother. The clutch stop that BMS sells is for the R56 but with literally 30 seconds of modification it will fit our F56 and so far it feels amazing. I am using two rubber shims and so far I feel that it is perfect. With the clutch fully engaged, I only need to let off about 2 inches for the clutch to start engaging. I think 3 shims might be a bit too much.

Here is the BMS clutch stop.

Our OEM clutch stop has no deep hole behind it for this to go into. What I did was I drilled a small hole through the OEM clutch stop, just smaller than the diameter of the BMS plastic peg. Replace OEM stop in original hole. CUT the BMS clutch stop a little less than half way. Put the shims in and pushed it into the hole in the OEM clutch stop. This keeps the OEM stop even tighter in the hole and with the plastic peg cut, it doesn't hit the back part of the hole. It doesn't move and there's no chance it is going to pop out. For $10 and 30 seconds of your time you can really change the feel for your car.

·
Registered
2020 Moonwalk Grey LCI F56 S (Salt) (Current) / 2006 Pure Silver R53 (Hot Chili) (Former)
21 Posts
I was able to install this without the need of drilling through our OEM clutch stop. Makes a world of difference and easily the cheapest mod I've installed (So far).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts