Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening everyone.. my cooper 65 plate is telling me there is a service due.. the brake pads triangle light is showing when I go into the attention required info on screen..I priced a full service including plug change at £295 with Marshall mini dealership.. has anyone had front and rear pads changed with dealership ?.. I went on euro parts website just to compare prices of pads to buy.. 3 manufactuer options. Even on the mid range ootion which was Bosch brand after entering the sale code the price for front and back was a little over £60 .. anyone have any prices from independent supply and fit garages just in case mini throw a hefty add on to my bill,. Thsnks

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
So I have a JCW (significantly bigger and hence more expensive pads). MINI dealer quoted £325 for front pad change. I got them done for £170 by an independant.

When you get them changed, make sure you get the pad wear sensor replaced too (there is one on each axle).

·
Registered
68 Posts
I’d continue with dealers for routine servicing even after warranty has expired. They will negotiate on price and often price match. You can seek to get stuff like pads done elsewhere but on the event of a big problem, citing full service history often triggers goodwill where otherwise there would be none.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts