Mini Cooper Forum banner

Boot floor storage shelf

7K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  BMWfan 
I have a 2017 f55 late November build and it only has one latch on the right side to hold open the bottom boot cover. And like yours it doesn't hold unto the cover solidly as a little tug on the cover and the latch will releaset. It's a good size latch if you ask me but my guess Mini must have designed the latch for easy release of the open cover not having to press latch at all(just my take on the design).

I haven't tried driving around with the boot cover up and don't think I'll ever do but imo if the roadway is in very good shape I would believe it would stay up for a short while although turning/braking/stopping could loosen the latch grip. iirc the latch has no ledge to hold unto the boot cover so I don't see how the latch could hang on to the cover if being driven on somewhat bumpy roads or stopping or starting your drive from idle. The latch is smooth plastic and cover is of a fiberous material. In all honesty I don't think the latch/boot cover was designed with the thought of driving with the cover in the latched position. jmo though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.