Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, preemptive strike here,

Just had a call from my dear Mother who has managed to get the dog blanket stuck in the boot locking mechanism of her F56 Cooper. I haven't seen the issue yet so I'm hoping with a modest amount of cutting and pulling I can make it better, but in the meantime I was wondering if there's a safety hard switch or something around the mechanism that will loosen the lock?

Had a look online and there are various cars that do have an internal release mechanism (for those ganster days when you find yourself thrown into the trunk of a buick by mobsters I guess), but nothing of note for our little cars.

I've had a play around with my F55 and the lock itself is clearly visible from the inside of the car but not much else.

Anyone any thoughts? Will be seeing the issue tomorrow.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Happened to me on my F55 the day I picked the car up. Can't remember how I solved it but it released itself after a minute or two of faffing around locking/unlocking/making sure the tailgate was fully closed etc. Didn't take long. Has been fine ever since. User Error in my case :) Good luck

Reactions: Sunster

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well after all that it took me all of 5 seconds. Kept the boot release button held. Pulled up a little on the boot handle and it came out no problem. Bless my mum - she was all upset about it too.

Reactions: johnan
1 - 4 of 4 Posts