Mini Cooper Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Mini Electric level 2 - 2021
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With respect to my long going (11 months now) attempt to get my "free" wall charger installed they threw a new curved ball at me this afternoon...

*Land registry documentation needs to be supplied - this is to evidence that location of unit is within land owned by the customer.

This was just one in their list of new requirements, but Land Registry documents ???

And they can't even do grammar, it should be "the location of the unit" not "location of unit"

Anyone else been asked for Land Registry documentation ???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes they did ask for more info from me as well claiming that the Land Registry I provided was a "transfer"... then it all went away... Finally got it installed after six months but now after another month I still cannot connect to it via their portal as they never sent me the email with instructions! I can use the charger to charge the car but I cannot manage it like lock etc. I asked BP support to resend the email with instructions and they told me they cannot... What?
Alex

·
Premium Member
2021 BMW i3 - Red
751 Posts
Yes they did ask for more info from me as well claiming that the Land Registry I provided was a "transfer"... then it all went away... Finally got it installed after six months but now after another month I still cannot connect to it via their portal as they never sent me the email with instructions! I can use the charger to charge the car but I cannot manage it like lock etc. I asked BP support to resend the email with instructions and they told me they cannot... What?
Alex
Here is the link for the BP Portal for the new charger. You should have received a text from BP with a password in the the format of two words filled by a number like “SmokyOnions14”

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes they did ask for more info from me as well claiming that the Land Registry I provided was a "transfer"... then it all went away...
As it seems they are using it as yet another stalling tactic, I went on-line to see how much it costs....

Providing you find the correct "dot gov dot uk" portal for the Land Registry you just have to enter postcode and house number/name and the information, freehold or leasehold, plus a lot more information is totally in the public domain....

Totally free and something they could easily have done themselves, the information is not restricted to the owner.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
curve ball
LOL.

If I was speaking american surely it would be curveball (all one word).

In the UK, adding the "d" and keeping it seperate words just makes is past tense - which it is !!! (I got the email before I posted).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts