Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same problem about a month ago, I’m a BMW/MINi certified technician in FL. The braking circuits are divided in 2 parts on F-series Minis and BMW; brake circuit 1 front left/rear right, brake circuit 2 front right/ real left. The junction point is inside the dsc unit. Your problem might be caused by a mechanical problem inside the DSC or an electrical one on the electronics inside the DSC. The most cost effective repair is to either buy a whole unit and perform a DSC activation bleeding only possible with BMW Ista. The other option is to use your original electronics with an outsourced mechanical unit(junkyard) and perform the same procedure. With step 1 you’ll need to program the control unit. With step 2 you’ll only need to perform the bleeding procedure since the electronics are already vin coded to your car. I suggest doing the whole unit since mine was fine with just the valve block, but I can’t assure yours does not have an electrical issue inside the DSC without testing.
Just to be clear I first noticed my issue cause my car was braking and pulling left on the highway; really scary situation. Also when letting go of the gas really fast to shift up. Hope this helps everyone with this problem. Please reply with questions or if this helps you out!

·
Registered
6 Posts
The DSC is the same, it takes care of Antilock Brake System but it does a lot more on this cars like brake hold on hills, rotor surface prepping for braking and the list goes on. . .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you for your information. Now I can understand that these brakes have 2 parts. My car is still in the shop & waiting for the ABS.

May I know if DSC is a different parts from ABS or is it component of the ABS? Thank you sir.
For future visitors reference , did the ABS module fixed your problem?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello. Unfortunately, not yet. Dealer here cannot find the ABS PUMP. Their suppliers were having hard time to find the parts. They don't even have the test part so it will be very risky also for me to buy a brand new online, then ending up it's not the parts needed to be replaced.

Can someone help me with the parts? I'm from the Philippines by the way. My car is Mini 3 door hatchback cooper S. The part number I'm looking for is 34506897145 . Used will also be fine but in good condition. Thank you.
Send me a private message with your Vin number please I’ll see if I can find something for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts