Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I am the proud owner of a F60. as I am facing some issues with my leasing company( trying to change me saying that is not normal wear and tear) can you please advise if there is a official life span of brake rotors and if maintenance manual depicts when same shall be changed. ?

·
Super Moderator
8,750 Posts
Sadly no they're classed a wear n tear item. They may wear faster if the car is left standing and they rust up etc . The only way you'll get a warranty claim is if you can prove faulty manufacture eg warped from new . Tricky

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank. you Jeremy. The point hear is that as per leasing company they cover only normal maintenance and as disc rotor changed in15,000 KM is considered as excessive wear and I have to pay
But as service manual does not indicate the milage rotors has to be changed their allegation cannot stand

·
Registered
89 Posts
As Jeremy said, disc rotors are wear and tear items, not a service item.

The discs will have a thickness under which they should be replaced.

Did you see the old discs after they were removed, did they have a lip? Was there any scoring to the braking surface? Were they excessively rusty?

If you drive "enthusiastically" then the discs will wear quicker than if you "drive like miss Daisy".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts