Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
427 Posts
Likely the CBC function kicking in

Try to get out of the habit of braking in corners, do your braking before the corner.

· Registered
427 Posts
Thx imaginativetruth. Didn’t known anything about thia CBC feature…, all mcs ‘19 have this??. So…, is this behaviour normal??. If normal, i think is very intrusive
Yes, I believe most modern cars have this feature in their stability control systems. Braking in corners at the speed you indicated is going to unsettle the car and make it unstable, the intervention of the CBC is going to help, but make the feeling in the cabin even more unsettling.

Braking in corners above 120 kph should be avoided in my opinion, its poor car control.

· Registered
427 Posts
I think the MINI platform and Front Wheel Drive make it hard to compare to BMW Rear Wheel Drive cars. Personally, I found the basic Cooper S MINI chassis to be unacceptable in its ride, stability and braking - coming from 'premium' / exotics. Replacing runflats, Suspension (to Pro Coilovers), Brakes (Pro Brembos) and chassis stiffening - made the car acceptable to me - no fishtailing under heavy braking, reduced understeer, non fade brakes, comfortable ride.
CBC can't be calibrated - aside from coding the DSC when installing the Pro big brake kit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.