Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I am brand new to the Mini brand but not new to the modified car world. I have some questions for everyone. I am from the US have a 2023 Mini Cooper S with the 7-speed DCT and so far have the following done and also adding the rest soon: I have the JCW Pro Exhaust, have the Eventuri Carbon intake (not installed yet) and plan to do the JB4 and also most likely the downpipe with high flow cat and add the JCW brake Kit and 18 inch JCW wheels. Can the 7-speed DCT handle this setup (exhaust, intake, DP and JB4) with no issues? Also weirdly when I had the exhaust installed they said they couldn't tune it with the JCW Tune, any idea why?. I love the car so much, traded in my 17 Volvo Polestar S60 for it but thinking I should maybe order a 23 JCW and get rid of my S if I can't really do much with it. Any information or thoughts would be great as I am BRAND NEW to Mini, here is my car here and her name is Gretta
Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

·
Registered
2022 Mini SE
17 Posts
Hi there, coming from the EV side but have done the brake mod you are looking into. Keep in mind you will need to source a new set of wheels to clear the front brakes, but they will look great with your red car. There's limited options that fit well without needing to go crazy with spacers to clear the brakes on this platform, if you haven't uncovered that already.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all, I am brand new to the Mini brand but not new to the modified car world. I have some questions for everyone. I am from the US have a 2023 Mini Cooper S with the 7-speed DCT and so far have the following done and also adding the rest soon: I have the JCW Pro Exhaust, have the Eventuri Carbon intake (not installed yet) and plan to do the JB4 and also most likely the downpipe with high flow cat and add the JCW brake Kit and 18 inch JCW wheels. Can the 7-speed DCT handle this setup (exhaust, intake, DP and JB4) with no issues? Also weirdly when I had the exhaust installed they said they couldn't tune it with the JCW Tune, any idea why?. I love the car so much, traded in my 17 Volvo Polestar S60 for it but thinking I should maybe order a 23 JCW and get rid of my S if I can't really do much with it. Any information or thoughts would be great as I am BRAND NEW to Mini, here is my car here and her name is Gretta View attachment 80955
My 2019 is in the shop for the muffler right now why cant they do the tune

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Regarding the JCW Tune it is not compatible with 2020+ models due to emissions 🤨

For the 2020+ models MINI renamed the JCW Pro Exhaust with Tuning Kit to MINI Silencer System and it doesn’t include the tune.

Hope this clarifies. Rich

·
Registered
2023 Mini Cooper JCW 6MT
12 Posts
From what I have gathered there is no real tuning options for the LCI cars which is 2019+ or something like that.

I have a 2023 Mini JCW on order, just waiting for it to be built. I am not going to lie, I was a little sad to see that they removed the nice exhaust note from the 2015-2018 cars.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Be careful with the 7-DCT. As far as I remember it can hold maximum 300nm. Few people in the forum tuned their car for higher and their DCT handled, but that may not be the case all the time. Actually because of that JCW is coming with a torque converter gearbox instead of DCT unlike in cooper s.

·
Registered
2023 Mini Cooper JCW 6MT
12 Posts
I actually a few days ago got an order accepted for a 23 JCW Hardtop so I don't have to worry about the tuning part eventually and have all of the upgrades.
Awesome! What color combo did you go with? Did you happen to see they released two new colors today? Melting Silver III makes a return and the new Nanuq White Metallic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome! What color combo did you go with? Did you happen to see they released two new colors today? Melting Silver III makes a return and the new Nanuq White Metallic.
I picked this one from the ad but tweaked it for my taste with the mini yours lounge leather, iconic trim and the piano black belt line from the factory.

Attachments

·
Registered
2023 Mini Cooper JCW 6MT
12 Posts
I picked this one from the ad but tweaked it for my taste with the mini yours lounge leather, iconic trim and the piano black belt line from the factory.
That is awesome! I had been looking through the Mini accessories but nothing really drew me in. I had no idea they FINALLY offered a different belt line after 50 years. Neat find! Excited to see the Island Blue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is awesome! I had been looking through the Mini accessories but nothing really drew me in. I had no idea they FINALLY offered a different belt line after 50 years. Neat find! Excited to see the Island Blue.
It wasn't an option on the site but the dealer asked if I wanted to add it during the build, absolutely I said!! It was 150 cheaper at rhe factory then ordering it after the fact at the dealer. Total win!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts