Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to adjust control display and central display "brightness at night". It appears they aren't adjusting anything at all. They however do adjust with the instrument lighting thumb wheel. What am I missing?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm pretty sure 'Central Display' refers to the light ring effects only. Also, the brightness setting will only be in effect when the instrument lights are on, i.e. when headlights or sidelights are on. I'll take a look when I go out in the dark, I was playing with this setting today too and haven't seen the differences yet!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I played with it tonight. This is what I discovered...

Brightness adjustments for central display and control display in the menu do nothing. However, I discoverd that they are both in sync with the main instrument cluster brightness adjustment via the knurled wheel.

So in conclusion, it seems that you cannot adjust brightness of central and control display independently or via the control display menu but can adjust both +/- via the knurled wheel located by the main light switches.

That's how mine works.

Silly or what? Why having the option in the menu if it doesn't work.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I tried to adjust control display and central display "brightness at night". It appears they aren't adjusting anything at all. They however do adjust with the instrument lighting thumb wheel. What am I missing?
Hi I played with this thoroughly tonight. My findings are a bit different than yours ibanezwizz:

Central Display - this affects the led light ring around the central display only. It certainly does allow you to alter the brightness of this light, for when it's dark and the side lights/headlights are on. It is NOT affected by instrument brightness dial.

Control Display - this affects the brightness of my Visual Boost screen only, when it's dark outside and the sidelights/headlights are on. It IS affected by the instrument brightness dial; it seems to 'mix' the 2 settings to result in any brightness you like. Suggest you set the dials (manual wheel) first, then adjust Control Display as required. After this, moving the wheel again will adjust the instruments and the Display, but they'll be 'in sync'.

None of this affects any of the ambient lights thankfully!

So not sure why you didn't find the same ibanezwizz... possibly the effects are only applied when car detects dark? They certainly only apply with the side lights/headlights on (or auto lights).

I do have the LED auto headlights, and MINI Excitement and Enhanced lighting stuff, so possibly this function needs some of these?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi...as per my knowledge Brightness adjustments for central display and control display in the menu do nothing. However, I discoverd that they are both in sync with the main instrument cluster brightness adjustment via the knurled wheel. It seems that you cannot adjust brightness of central and control display independently or via the control display menu but can adjust both +/- via the knurled wheel located by the main light switches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.