Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Last Wednesday, after a month and a half and three test drives, I placed my order for a Cooper S: volcanic orange, black bonnet stripes, black wheels, and sport, media, and cold weather packages. Never owned a MINI before (to be honest, never owned a car before either...), but I'm psyched for its arrival and dreading the wait.

Looking for some community and to learn a bit more about the car I just bought!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

As Peter has already said, you'll find some good people here.

You'll also love the car when it arrives. Once you own a Mini, you won't want anything else.

Did they say when you can expect the car to arrive?

What sort of spec did you go for?

I took delivery of my Cooper S earlier this week, and all I can say is WOW. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome to the forum and a great choice there! We're waiting for our VO MCS too, with the black 17" alloys. Should be with us 1st September...
You'll love your Mini once you get it! They drive so much better than anything else on the road! We are currently driving a Ford Fiesta S whilst our R56 MC Mini has some bodywork (not our fault) done prior to part ex-ing and the Fiesta is so numb!

Hope your Mini comes in good time, have you got an estimate for delivery?

·
Registered
340 Posts
May the orange be with you.

:eek:

:D
A new record........it took you a whole FIVE hours to notice.
You're just like British Rail......always late but get there in the end.....

·
Registered
340 Posts
Reactions: GoKart7

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome!

My dealer estimated early October, which seems agonizingly far away.

Ever since my first test drive I've been completely bored with every other car I've driven. Between now and then I'm also traveling on business for a month, and I expect I won't have much to do beyond eating, sleeping, and working. It's gonna be a long month...

·
Registered
340 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome!

My dealer estimated early October, which seems agonizingly far away.

Ever since my first test drive I've been completely bored with every other car I've driven. Between now and then I'm also traveling on business for a month, and I expect I won't have much to do beyond eating, sleeping, and working. It's gonna be a long month...
it will go by quickly, plus you'll be traveling , eating , sleeping in strange places and working.. :D. Just have to check in here and hit the Mini owners lounge to track your Mini.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it will go by quickly, plus you'll be traveling , eating , sleeping in strange places and working.. :D. Just have to check in here and hit the Mini owners lounge to track your Mini.
Thanks for the support! I can't wait to get my number from my dealer so I can compulsively check the status of my car :p

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for the support! I can't wait to get my number from my dealer so I can compulsively check the status of my car :p
Not sure if all are aware . . . But an issue with Mini's paperwork and the EPA has caused the delay of all 2015's entry into the US until Oct. mine is in port / Baltimore 2 weeks . . Won't see till then.

Ask your dealer if this will impact your delivery.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not sure if all are aware . . . But an issue with Mini's paperwork and the EPA has caused the delay of all 2015's entry into the US until Oct. mine is in port / Baltimore 2 weeks . . Won't see till then.

Ask your dealer if this will impact your delivery.
I read about this, and yeah, I need to. I'm hoping this doesn't affect me because my due date was October anyway, but I have a feeling that that's wishful thinking.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts