Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Managed to scrape the underside of my front bumper going up a kerbed driveway. Thankfully, it's right on the edge of the underside where it curves so it isn't visible unless you're looking from underneath.

This still bugs me, this is the first car I've had which is pretty low and should have pre-empted it!

Has anyone else managed to do this? What've you done to fix it or are you not too bothered?

I'm thinking of buying some Vo tape to cover it up - even though no one can see it !

Ash

·
Registered
608 Posts
I feel your pain, but if it's out of sight you can do what I do.

So, you need.
1) Paint - Touch up kit from MINI will be enough and the associated primer preferably..
2) A 1/4 inch flat artists brushes, medium soft bristles.
3) Cork block
4) 600 to 1500 or 2000 grade wet and dry paper
5) patience..

So, first rub down the scratched area with WET wet and dry paper & cork block, starting with the corse and getting to as fine as possible until the scratches have "gone away"
Depending on how much you've removed, depends on what to do next. Bare metal = primer, 3 coats with rub down with 1500/2000 after... then comes topcoat... leave for 3-4 days then lacquer.

This wont give you perfect results, but it'll give you "good" results that will stop the heartache...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.