Mini Cooper Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,221 Posts
Yes it'd be a bit tricky popping the new topics in here into new threads-doable but the continuity of this thread would be messy then too unless I copied the new ones and left them too. Bit of hassle. I reckon if you can , simply start each topic under a new thread from now on? Says he- or any topic on here you feel you posted and warrants a more detailed discussion could be restarted ? J

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Yes it'd be a bit tricky popping the new topics in here into new threads-doable but the continuity of this thread would be messy then too unless I copied the new ones and left them too. Bit of hassle. I reckon if you can , simply start each topic under a new thread from now on? Says he- or any topic on here you feel you posted and warrants a more detailed discussion could be restarted ? J
I thought it might not be so easy. I guess my thinking was around making it easier for those that are new to the SE, as there are some good discussions from 12 months or so ago that might be useful, but if it’s not broken it’s best left alone!! Thanks for responding though 👍.

·
Super Moderator
8,221 Posts
Got a few days off coming-might have a look and see if I can do it-watch this space!

Reactions: Stuts11

·
Registered
599 Posts
I'm going to my dealer tomorrow morning so I'll see what I can find out.
Called at BMW today and spoke to the guy at Mini about cable bags and he walked me through to the parts department. Basically it seems they don't have them on stock here.
They come from Germany and have to be ordered and paid for in advance if you want one.
They are circa £31.40 including vat. The part number is 61448490536.
I'm going to wait for @Stuts11 verdict on the Cable Cosy from Amazon!

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Ok, so I received the Cosy bag, and below is a short review.

I already have an OEM bag so I have used this to provide a comparison with respect to size, plus if you don’t have the Mini bag you can see what it’s like (assuming they haven’t changed the design from mine).

The first set of pictures shows the Mini bag that I was given when I picked my SE up. The bag itself is more like a round sack with a stiffened rim that once pushed together, looped, and clipped together seals the bag. There is then an additional strap and carabiner to hold it all together. The bag has a nylon lining and a thinner plastic base with a couple of small vent holes and some instructions on how to store it. As the bag is more of a sack actually placing the cables inside is easy as is closing it up.

White Black Sleeve Textile Bag

The next set of pictures shows the Cosy bag. The Cosy is a round bag 38cm in diameter and 12cm deep when expanded. There is a single zip with two zippers allowing half of the bag to be opened up. The bag has a nylon lining and also has a sturdy feel although I feel not a sturdy feeling as the OEM bag. Provided cables are neatly coiled it’s easy enough to fit the cables into the Cosy bag and there is no problem fitting in both sets of leads that come with the car.

Product Black Automotive tire Body jewelry Hat

The final set of pictures shows both bags as a comparison. The cosy came twisted up rather like a popup tent, so nice and easy to store and both sets of cables can easily be fitted and stored in either bag. The Mini bag doesn’t have a zip and if I’m being critical I would have preferred a sturdier zip and zip handles on the Cosy bag, these I think are a bit of a potential weak point. You will also need to be a little neater with the coiling of the cable when using the Cosy, where you can likely get away with being a little messier with Mini’s bag. Both bags are around the same size so the Cosy won’t impact boot space. I have also included a picture of the label in the OEM bag which I believe shows the part number (although this appears to differ from Red Mini’s).

Black Sleeve Font Pattern Electric blue

Hat Cap Sleeve Grey Button

Finally, I have actually purchased mine for storing a different set of leads as I have the OEM bag and I only need to use my charge leads when out and about. Although maybe not as robust-looking as Mini’s bag all in all the Cosy isn’t a bad alternative to Mini’s considering the price on Amazon (£10.99 at time of writing) and I would be happy to use it in the car.

Hopefully, anyone reading this post who didn’t get a bag with their SE will at least get a feel for the Cosy bag, especially if you are looking for an alternative to the Mini supplied bag and if you have managed to get this far, thanks for reading.

·
Super Moderator
8,221 Posts
Looks great it's so tight mine never goes back in the original bag! Yours is better imo.

Reactions: Stuts11
41 - 53 of 53 Posts