Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm in my first week of ownership, and I discovered what appears to be a female OBDII connection cable under my drivers seat, as well as what appears to be some type of antenna. Anyone have any insight as to what this is? I did search the forums in every logical way possible, but honestly have no clue.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I don't think so, I pulled the OBDII cable out, and it's just long enough to reach the Male connector under the dash. The other bit looks like an antenna of some sort... My car has the JCW Tuning package... I'm wondering if this is how they code the cars now, some wireless interface? (maybe it's bluetooth?)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Can you take a picture? Wondering if one of the techs left something in there

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you take a picture? Wondering if one of the techs left something in there
Had to go in to the dealer for something yesterday, turns out they did, and **** do I wish I'd held onto it. I realized that the two were connected, it was actually some sort of ODBII connection with a wireless antenna of some sort. I'm guessing it's what they used to do the tuning for the JCW tuning kit?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Had to go in to the dealer for something yesterday, turns out they did, and **** do I wish I'd held onto it. I realized that the two were connected, it was actually some sort of ODBII connection with a wireless antenna of some sort. I'm guessing it's what they used to do the tuning for the JCW tuning kit?
Yes, that's probably what they used to connect to your car for reprogramming.

I didn't know they had wireless capability though! That's cool!

Reactions: Evlkarl
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.