Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a lovely looking Mini Cooper F50 1st gen (06) working ok but there’s a few things that needs fixing. Eventually I’d like to achieve a sportier sound.. I’d love any and all Mini performance mods that I could do to.
Help me go “brap *gurgle pop pop” please.
Best

·
Registered
2020 Mini Cooper Oxford edition. Starlight blue with black top, black mirror caps and black wheels.
54 Posts
I recently bought a lovely looking Mini Cooper F50 1st gen (06) working ok but there’s a few things that needs fixing. Eventually I’d like to achieve a sportier sound.. I’d love any and all Mini performance mods that I could do to.
Help me go “brap *gurgle pop pop” please.
Best
Are you wanting exactly that exhaust or just a sound similar to it? I doubt an f56 exhaust would fit and if it did, I think it would be cost prohibitive. A shop might be able to weld an electric cutout to your stock exhaust for a somewhat reasonable price. Not sure if it would pop however, that would probably take a tune.

·
Registered
753 Posts
‘06 is an R50, a third gen JCW exhaust will not fit if that’s what you’re asking. Completely different cars. There was a JCW exhaust sold for the R50, they’re still available for about $500 USD but plenty of after market companies make sporty exhaust for your car.
I suggest you join an R series forum as this one is dedicated to third generation F series MINIs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts