Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i just bought a 2022 Mini Cooper Oxford Edition and the sales rep said that because its an oxford it doesnt have navigation and in return doesnt have apple carplay, does anyone know if i have to buy new hardware or can i just buy a coder to code apple carplay into it?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi everyone, i just bought a 2022 Mini Cooper Oxford Edition and the sales rep said that because its an oxford it doesnt have navigation and in return doesnt have apple carplay, does anyone know if i have to buy new hardware or can i just buy a coder to code apple carplay into it?
PM’d

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have the same quest, same car - would really like to find out how to get carplay activated. SB2002 - can you PM me on details as well? Thnx so much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey there, I have questions . So I’m considering buy a mini 2022 cooper s, 1.do 2022 mini all have apple CarPlay as basics? Meaning i just need to select the touchscreen media display (not adding $1000/$1800 navigation display )? 2. If not , what should I do and how much it costs? 3. Does the retrofit affect mini warranty ? Pls advise , thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! Same car, same year, same question. sb2002 - could you please PM me at your earliest convenience? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Why all the secrecy with the pm? Can't you just share the knowledge for everyone to see?
Having looked at sb2002's other post 90% of them are just saying "PM'd" so I guess he's selling stuff to get carplay working.

This is a good video about installing a box which will allow you to have both carplay and andriod auto

·
Registered
165 Posts
Having looked at sb2002's other post 90% of them are just saying "PM'd" so I guess he's selling stuff to get carplay working.

This is a good video about installing a box which will allow you to have both carplay and andriod auto

So? That video u re sharing doesn’t sell carplay?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same boat as above - expecting a 2022 Oxford Edition Hardtop 4-door soon. Would appreciate some more info on the process, the only part that gets a bit confusing is with all the different models and head units, hard to know what level of difficulty involved. Since this is the newer 8.8" touchscreen, I'd assume it's on the easier side? Thanks, everyone!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Same boat as above - expecting a 2022 Oxford Edition Hardtop 4-door soon. Would appreciate some more info on the process, the only part that gets a bit confusing is with all the different models and head units, hard to know what level of difficulty involved. Since this is the newer 8.8" touchscreen, I'd assume it's on the easier side? Thanks, everyone!
Surely the latest ones all come with car play

·
Registered
2 Posts
Surely the latest ones all come with car play
I agree, you would think so! However, it’s still only on the higher end nav upgrade. We would have ticked that box if ordering but we found an Oxford, which felt like finding a unicorn so too hard to pass up, deal-wise. Apparently the dealers don’t like them, one looked and said there’s one more production run scheduled for US (he originally thought they were done) and we put a deposit on one of only four coming to our region of the country. It’s even coming sooner than if we were to order it separately!

Certainly fits into the BMW ethos of let’s charge for everything just because we can…

·
Registered
186 Posts
I agree, you would think so! However, it’s still only on the higher end nav upgrade. We would have ticked that box if ordering but we found an Oxford, which felt like finding a unicorn so too hard to pass up, deal-wise. Apparently the dealers don’t like them, one looked and said there’s one more production run scheduled for US (he originally thought they were done) and we put a deposit on one of only four coming to our region of the country. It’s even coming sooner than if we were to order it separately!

Certainly fits into the BMW ethos of let’s charge for everything just because we can…
PM’d

1 - 20 of 26 Posts