Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i play a video on the small screen, i'm not sure what it is called but i noticed on pictured there is a big one and a smaller one with a border

Attachments

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
can i play a video on the small screen, i'm not sure what it is called but i noticed on pictured there is a big one and a smaller one with a border
This is the Visual Boost screen which is the mid tier media system, available with Nav or without. I've never tried to play video on here, I've not got a CD player so I'd say no - unless you can load it from a USB.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have media XL and you can play video from the USB drive, you can also copy video files from the USB drive to the hard disk and play them off there. Depending on your country's laws, you may not be able to play video whilst driving however. In Australia, the car has to be stationary for the video to work.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have media XL and you can play video from the USB drive, you can also copy video files from the USB drive to the hard disk and play them off there. Depending on your country's laws, you may not be able to play video whilst driving however. In Australia, the car has to be stationary for the video to work.
Where's the option to copy them to the HDD?, I can only view them straight from usb (I have the media XL). I can import music from usb but the video's don't transfer.
Also in the UK there is the restriction from driving with a video playing, it just plays back the audio as soon as you drive off.
You can get it coded not to though (video in motion) but that sounds a bit dodgy.
I had a few music video's ripped from youtube on a flash drive and they were pretty cool coming through the HK system too.
Just a gimmick though...

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Where's the option to copy them to the HDD?, I can only view them straight from usb (I have the media XL). I can import music from usb but the video's don't transfer.
Also in the UK there is the restriction from driving with a video playing, it just plays back the audio as soon as you drive off.
You can get it coded not to though (video in motion) but that sounds a bit dodgy.
I had a few music video's ripped from youtube on a flash drive and they were pretty cool coming through the HK system too.
Just a gimmick though...
Can't copy videos to the HD - they'll only play off connected media.

Video in motion is cool and works great, but I've never actually used it. I suppose it would be good on a road trip to keep your passengers entertained.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nope, i tried it on my car, you can't play video on visual boost, it will only play the sound of the video

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.