Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,023 Posts
leds

Hi you could spec the r56 with xenons not leds. they were autolevelling and had washers on them due to eec rule-not sure why led s don't need this but they both need autolevelling to prevent dazzling!
The wheel to adjust comes with the ordinary halogen bulbs that are std on any of the minis, inc the f56.
Led lights apparently don't need adapting for Europe either though I wouldn't want to explain why a) I hadn't a spare bulb for them or b) no angle adjusters to a gendarme-I hope they have been informed!!!!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
R56 didn't have LED headlights though unless I am mistaken?

Were those adjusters on halogen R56 or xenon R56 lights?
They were xenons which I used to adjust a bit higher than the garage as they used to set them very low.

I didn't get flashed by others cars so they must have been set ok. They had self levelers and washers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
luminaires electriques d'semiconducteur (LEDS) how convenient

ps yes I made that up lol
En bon Français, the word is DEL for Diode ElectroLuminescente.
;)

And for the Xenon headlights are following the balance of the car automatically, in my memories.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My wife and I just got 2 new MCS's and have been finding when driving at night that, in both cars, we're getting flashed quite frequently. I don't know if it's just the nature of these lights, being so bright or if the levelling is off in both cars!

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
HTML:
My wife and I just got 2 new MCS's and have been finding when driving at night that, in both cars, we're getting flashed quite frequently. I don't know if it's just the nature of these lights, being so bright or if the levelling is off in both cars!
They could be set wrong from new or in my experience due to the awful road surfaces and low profile tyres that the self levelers can't keep up and gives the impression to oncoming traffic it is you flashing first!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts