Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
Aha, i think it can be done; there is a thread on here if you search and i think dealers can do it but may be wrong!

Reactions: MiniMpi

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Geez Louise, I have been flying since 1964 and the new cars are more complex than most of the aircraft I have flown! Acronyms and coding, sounds like a spy novel! I do enjoy all the advantages technology has brought, but I still like flying and driving in an open cockpit with minimal controls! That said, the new mini is a marvel and a hoot to drive, or pilot, however, you look at it! VROOM, it goes fast when you press the accelerator, stops on a dime and gives you 9 cents change!

·
Registered
237 Posts
if anything like the MSFW or the JCW steering wheel and JCW rear spoiler tickle your fancy, do not fool yourself they are easy addons after you get the car, they cost a bomb! £75 to add the JCW sterring wheel on production versus £200 + if you can find one to add afer!! no brainer indeed :D

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
Yes IMPORTANT message here for anyone thinking about ordering a mini then adding afterwards; it is a real hassle; nearly always more simple and cost effective to add it on order! Mini wiring looms are bespoke, then there's the canbus/coding thing. All doable but at a cost! Roof rails for eg-do you really want to drill your roof! If you want to fit a roof rack EASILY and securely order the car with the rails !

Reactions: MiniMpi

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to bring up a dead thread, but I have successfully retrofitted an MFSW onto a 2014 F56 from a standard, no button, two spoke wheel. Only needed the new wheel and some minor coding through E-sys and the radio function and cruise control buttons worked a charm

·
Registered
7 Posts
I coded mine with e-sys - not sure if the process is the same on Bimmercode. On Esys, you needed to add codes to the vehicle order VO, then it would add the options in to each module automatically when you recoded them.

These are the (rough) steps for the esys coding:

Click ‘read ECU’ and select an F56 model from the drop down (not one that has direct in the title). Follow these instructions

How to VO Coding?
How to VO Coding? 1. What I need? I have e-sys 3.22.5 (payed version) & 49.0 can make change vo with esys? 2. If VO coded... Can revert to Original VO? Thanks...
www.bimmerfest.com

www.bimmerfest.com

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=327696&d=1338725691

You need to remove the code for your existing wheel from the SALAPA elements. Full list of options below:

Full Option Code List for VO Coding (SALAPA Elements)
Hi, After retrofitting NBT to my F30, I struggled to find what option codes i needed to add/remove to successfully VO code HU_NBT. The list is extensive ('S' prefix isn't displayed on your SALAPA list. Neither are the suffixes- just middle 3 digits): Full BMW VO FA List: S000A Dummy-SALAPA...
www.bimmerfest.com

www.bimmerfest.com

My new wheel was S249f (you only use the 249 in the SALAPA list). You then calculate the FP from the VO window, save it and return, load the new VO in the ecu editor, calculate again and then code to the modules. This part was heart in mouth time as the radio head unit will tell you you need to take it to Mini for an update, but once it finishes flashing the modules it’s fine. I forget which modules you need to code to, but it was certainly ABS, BKombi and possibly one or two others, though you could theoretically recode all modules if you wanted to. Then I restarted the car and everything worked as it should.

Below is the list of 'elements' in my VO. So the new wheel element was '249' and the cruise control element was '544'. Having both of these present meant the car coded the correct options when I recoded the module.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts