Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of building a Canadian 2016 F56 3 door S and have been going back and fourth on trim for a few months. I sat down with my dealer again today to check and double check the spec of my online build versus their system build sheet.

I'm trying to order BZE1 - JCW Carbon Black Cloth Double Stripe (part of ZY8 - JCW Package) with 4C3 - Colour Line Satellite Grey and 4C0 - Interior Colour Satellite Grey with 4GT - MINI Yours Cottonwood Interior (I'd like the ambient lighting on the door panels).

See attached picture. I want the interior panel on the right with the plastic swoosh. The dealer build sheet won't let me order a MINI Yours item without selecting ZY9 - MINI Yours Package which I don't want, and without an interior trim selected it's a bare door panel.

We then tried selecting 4BD - Interior Trim Piano Black and 4DB - Dark Silver Interior Trim respectively and both times it asked us to select either ZY5 - Style Package or ZY7 - JCW Style Package. ZY5 - Style Package is not available with ZY8 - JCW Package and for some strange reason it's throwing the same conflict for ZY7 - JCW Style Package. System error?

My dealer is trying to figure out on his end what the issue is (and also what exactly the Special Order option is) and I said I'd do a bit more research on my end too.

Also;

Will my JCW Package seats have lumbar support?

What does the Special Order option on the dealer build sheet mean exactly?

Why is Moonwalk Grey unavailable on the S and JCW here but it is in other markets?

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
These seem like questions your salesman should answer to earn his commission. I custom ordered mine, but didn't get any mini yours options so I can't help. I would think if you can build them together then you should be able to order them together.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sales guy is new there but I like him over the others (I think this particular location has a high turn-over of sales folk). I also get the impressive they don't do very many personal builds and most of their sales are random spec lot cars.

I'm an R56 owner and have been researching my F56 build for quite a while and this forum has helped lot's so I was hoping someone might know the answer to these.

Btw, on the dealer build sheet, the code for Special Orders is ZSP which shows up as 'Sports Package' or 'Sports Suspension' when I search online. Sports Suspension on the dealer build sheet is listed as 226 - Sports Suspension and I get a choice between that or 223 - Dynamic Damper Control at no cost.

·
Registered
270 Posts
It is tough to spend 50K on a car. I had the same experience - clueless salespeople - a crap shoot. 20K of options. No discount. I am happy with my MINI but the buying experience was terrible. Lexus dealerships are so much better & professional.

Is the Edmonton dealership also owned by Dilawri group? They have a captive market in several Canadian cities in that they own more than half the car dealerships in the city. 70+ dealerships and counting. My guess is that there is less desire to compete on price or offer good service when nearly all the dealerships are owned by the same owner - you can walk out the door and even choose a completely different brand of vehicle (thinking you have a choice over where you bring your business) but most Canadians will end up buying from the same Dilawri group.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, MINI Edmonton is owned by the Dilawri group. I agree with everything you said; they own their fair share of stores from a wide selection of manufactures, even MINI Crowfoot too.

My guy at the dealer called today to confirm that the Special Orders option allows certain restrictions to be lifted so I should be able to get my Cottonwood and door swoops... it'll only cost $750. Only! I'm still trying to wrap my head around 15k in options. Now I just need to choose between Sport Suspension and Dynamic Damper Control...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.