Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have cancelled my order for the cooper s as of today. I got fed up with the total lack of communication. I was told yesterday that my order was still at 1100 and that pretty much made my mind up for me. It wouldn't have been so bad if there had been some emails or phone calls to just let us know, as it is I had to chase that little piece of info for four days!

I have instead ordered a BMW 120d M sport xdrive which I am promised will be delivered on 2nd September with a nice 64 plate as well.

I know many of you have been waiting longer than I have for your cars but I just ran out of patience with the whole situation.

I wish you all happy mini motoring and I will check in from time to time to see what's going on. Maybe in another 3 years or so I'll be back ( said with the requisite Austrian accent).

Cheers

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but totally understandable.

I was given a delivery date of 20th July and I always said I'd cancel if they put it back.

I threatened to cancel last week when it slipped back to 1100.

It's now in the build process and back on target.

Poor performance from your dealer! Their loss

·
Registered
148 Posts
Really sorry to hear you cancelled :( I fully agree they've not handled the communication of delays well at all. The fact we've all had so many debates on here over contrast roof/Dooper/etc speculation just goes to show you can't get a straight answer.

I think @GoKart7 has probably got closest with his BMW contact.

I hope everything goes smoothly with the 1 series :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have cancelled my order for the cooper s as of today. I got fed up with the total lack of communication. I was told yesterday that my order was still at 1100 and that pretty much made my mind up for me. It wouldn't have been so bad if there had been some emails or phone calls to just let us know, as it is I had to chase that little piece of info for four days!

I have instead ordered a BMW 120d M sport xdrive which I am promised will be delivered on 2nd September with a nice 64 plate as well.

I know many of you have been waiting longer than I have for your cars but I just ran out of patience with the whole situation.

I wish you all happy mini motoring and I will check in from time to time to see what's going on. Maybe in another 3 years or so I'll be back ( said with the requisite Austrian accent).

Cheers
We did similar, car was ordered launch weekend, originally specified that we needed it near to May 5th, said that wouldnt be much after but that quickly became end May but with a loan car from 5th. I could live with that. Heard nothing for a while then my chase call got a response that it had gone back to mid June but dont worry we could keep the loaner (which we had by then as they got it early - we had it frrom 7th April!!). Read a few things on here over the next few weeks and got more and more concerned, rang dealer again, seemed to know more than him! he did some digging and rang back and said late July was now best estimate.

Thanks but no thanks - sourced a brand new stock Golf Gti and had it on drive within 4 days.

Ian

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We did similar, car was ordered launch weekend, originally specified that we needed it near to May 5th, said that wouldnt be much after but that quickly became end May but with a loan car from 5th. I could live with that. Heard nothing for a while then my chase call got a response that it had gone back to mid June but dont worry we could keep the loaner (which we had by then as they got it early - we had it frrom 7th April!!). Read a few things on here over the next few weeks and got more and more concerned, rang dealer again, seemed to know more than him! he did some digging and rang back and said late July was now best estimate.

Thanks but no thanks - sourced a brand new stock Golf Gti and had it on drive within 4 days.

Ian
I have opted to wait til sept to get the new reg but I could have had a car in mid August built to my specs, I know the 1 series isn't a new car and will therefore be ready sooner but I doubt I would have received my mini by then even if I'd held out for it.

It was a close call between the mini and the BM anyway so I have defaulted to my second choice car.

Thanks for the kind words from everyone and I am now looking forward to my new car again instead of stressing over whether it will ever get here! ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry to hear about all the delays & cancellations on here. I too cancelled my order for an MCS last week after finally getting a realistic update from my dealer. The 1100 status being pushed back until the end of September. Strangely the dealer didn't seem too surprised at me cancelling.

I joined this forum earlier this month all excited about getting my MCS in mid July. I'd ordered it in April with an understanding it would be delivered before 1st August because of my short time in the UK this summer. The September date is just no good to me.

I may order one again someday when all the problems have been ironed out.

To all those getting there's soon. Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Some of you will be sick and tired of me restating my order date of 04 April and been told 19 August for delivery. I cannot understand why orders placed 2-3 months after me are getting deliveries around the same time. I can't tell you how p****d off I feel....normally I just float along and occasionally I have a rant like now and then feel more relaxed.....lol.....

·
Registered
998 Posts
I had heard that there were a number of orders around launch and the diesel/ paintshop issues that have got stuck in the system somehow and are still in limbo. Baffles me how a company can allow this to happen and seemingly be unable to rectify the situation. I feel for all people who are caught in this loop. You'd think the dealer would place new orders or something

1 - 10 of 10 Posts