Mini Cooper Forum banner

Car and Driver tests MINI Cooper S Clubman ALL4

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  jeremybingham 
Fully tested and approved and £700 for a mini homologated towbar. Our Dacia dusters limit is 1500 kg braked same as clubby all 4, duster has 110 bhp clubby 192. Mmm dont think lorries on the motorway would be an issue!!!!

Sadly i resisted a caravan for years; after we got a dog i finally succumber and we bought an 8 year old Avondale 2 birth with end shower; cannot believe how good it is; so much fun, so comfortable-bed is bigger and better than home and the shower equally as good. better than a hotel and we can go anywhere there's a site-we could actually manage without a site as they're self sufficient if needs be-everything runs on gas or electricity or batter! We're toasty warm in the winter with hot air blown central heating and double glazing-really is home from home. Our Duster tows it perfectly-although a bit more power would be good! however mpg does drop from a 38 average to 20 with Dale (the caravan) on! Caravan sites are great-quiet if you go adults only, and there are superb ones for children too. At half term we had a fully serviced site with running water and waste too. Great for me as i cant move far with the new hip ! As long as i get the next hip sorted we're venturing over to Europe at some point next summer!

So sorry seriously off topic but hammering 4wd because it weighs a bit more is pretty silly; if you need it you will put up with the extra weight and fuel consumption. I know i know in the winter winter tyres beat 4wd for traction but as is said above there are advantages in traction etc!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.