Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I've found my hunt for a custom fit car cover for my JCW 2 Dr Hardtop to be, well, let's say it's just very frustrating. I don't want an exclusive indoor cover, or an Evolution-type multi-layer outdoor cover, but a snug fitting Weathershield HP (or equivalent) compact (when rolled-up/folded) style cover for occasional use for protection from rain/dust/pollen.

Not only do most retailers & their websites not include it in the listings, when I call it's like the "deer in the headlights" look...even though I'm on the phone...I can tell!

The apparent lack of knowledge is mind-boggling to say the least. I won't go into a lot of detail initially, but I figured - based on what I've learned so far - the ignorance & lack of information on the new JCW is pretty much widespread.

Any suggestions?

Reactions: derekh929

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
John I did research in UK on this and wanted cover with viper stripes well the wife was not keen on them but at least the cover would have them.
Was going to use like you occasional use maybe at a meet show etc , I contacted a few but they were saying oh that's going to be expensive as tailor fit , can't believe someone not onto this already

·
Registered
36 Posts
All I can say is that's the norm with the new models. When I ordered my 2015 f56 Justa, I forgot to spec roof rails. I put in the order mid July 2014, and picked it up from the dealer mid October 2014. I searched for months for aftermarket on top or rear carry racks for bikes with no luck. Like you, I called and emailed everyone. No dice.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with exception of the rear spoiler, shouldn't the dimensions be mostly similar to a MCS? Why not just get a cover that works for that? May be available now and may be cheaper since it's not a speciality item.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
John, covercraft makes a cover for the F56
Thanks Peter. I've been working with them for about a week explaining the differences between the JCW & MCS & the particulars of my car. Hopefully their designers will get it right...front bumper cover, antenna length, rear diffuser/spolier, & my added rally lights. If they get it right I'll be a happy camper....just makes me nervous when they don't appear to grasp the particular model, etc

Looking for other options from other manufacturers who really "get it" when it comes to MINIs! The particular cover I am looking to buy costs $400, so it has to be absolutely perfect!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nobody with an F56 JCW has a custom fit car cover? Still looking for input.

Thanks!

John

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BUMP....still looking!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.