Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my cooper SD 5 door about 5 days ago and was told it would be delivered somewhere towards end of April. Got call yesterday stating it was in production and would be last week of march or sooner, that put a smile on my face it will be nice to see how different it is from my countryman SD :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Fun times.....always good getting news lIke that! Anxious to see pics!

John

·
Registered
646 Posts
Fantastic. I think Mini really give you a far out date they know they will exceed as it feels like a better service from a customer perspective that they have beaten what they initially promise. I was told 10+ weeks but got it in under 4!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fantastic. I think Mini really give you a far out date they know they will exceed as it feels like a better service from a customer perspective that they have beaten what they initially promise. I was told 10+ weeks but got it in under 4!
Yes I guess that could be right, I think I remember her saying 8 weeks because of the 16 plate coming in, I always thought the plates were done at the dealer so why would this delay anything. Anyway here's to hoping it stays on track without delays.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Definitely be quicker than your Countryman! ;)
Yeah 143 bhp to 170 in a lighter car I would be shocked if I saw no difference lol, I was gonna get another countryman but was told the new one was coming out end of this year or beginning of 2017 which should have an updated engine. So didn't want an outdated countryman only 9 months later.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Most dealers have placed build spots before selling a car, that way when you order they already have the slot in place, if they don't fill the slot then it will become a stock vehicle..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.