Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of building and rebuilding my perfect ride, on Saturday 4/16 I ordered my new MCS F56 (spec below) and can’t wait to join the community.

B22 British Racing Green II Body Color
Black top and mirrors
Packages
ZFL Fully Loaded Package
5A4 LED Headlights with Cornering Lights
2F2 17" Black Cosmos Spoke
NOSTRIPES
No Stripes
Options
325 Rear Spoiler
383 Black Roof/Mirrors
4C0 Satellite Grey Door Panel
507 Rear Park Distance Control
5A1 LED Front Fog Lights

Recent car buyers out there, how long did it take for your car to show up on the Mini Owners Lounge and be built from order date. I have a build number and my dealer says 6-8 weeks (I live in New Orleans, LA). I want to believe him, but have seen several posts where it has taken up to 12 weeks to get a new build to the states. Also anybody out there know what build numbers are being built currently? Looking forward to waving to/meeting all of my fellow mini drivers in the coming years.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Sounds a great spec :)

No idea of delivery to the states but in the UK a lot of dealers book built slots before orders and hope to get sales, mine was just over 3 weeks. Then you have transporting, I'd guess it's booking boat space!

Where I work we export buses to the states and sometimes they sit at the port for a week or so awaiting the next boat then how far are you from the port?

But it will be worth the wait :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeh nice choice of spec and colour, I hope your green one has more Irish luck than mine. I'm in the UK and ordered my BRG JCW on 6th Feb and I'm still waiting and waiting and waiting.
In my case there was a 'technical' build issue that meant no options were being built on the car, mmm I wonder how that could happen??? So the dealer found this around April Fool's day and effectively re-ordered the car. I have mentally reset the clock from April 1st. I sound a bit annoyed and I am slightly but at least I have the dealers JCW in the interim...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That chrome looks really good with the white top and stripes. I went with the black top and wheels, so I plan to black out the beltline, headlight and tail light trim and grill surround.

Your car looks great. Cant wait for mine, which started production today.

·
Registered
166 Posts
British Racing Green is a brilliant colour - classic Mini heritage, looks dark and moody in lower lighting but resplendent with metallic flecks in bright sunlight.

my very first car was a classic mini in red - my mate had BRG with white roof and stripes and I always thought it looked brilliant. So when I bought a Mini as my 15th car, the colour was non-negotiable...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
.............. Recent car buyers out there, how long did it take for your car to show up on the Mini Owners Lounge and be built from order date. I have a build number and my dealer says 6-8 weeks (I live in New Orleans, LA). I want to believe him, but have seen several posts where it has taken up to 12 weeks to get a new build to the states. Also anybody out there know what build numbers are being built currently? Looking forward to waving to/meeting all of my fellow mini drivers in the coming years.
This may or may not help but I can give you what I know about my recent order.

* The order was placed by my dealer on March 28, 2016 and they provided me with the production number. I entered that number in the Mini Owners web site and it took about 5 days for the car to show up on the Mini Owners Lounge. The status was: "Scheduled for production"

* On April 16, 2016 the status changed to: "Awaiting Transport."

* On April 30, 2016 the status changed to: "En Route"

I live on west coast of the United States (southern California) therefore it will be delivered to a port just north of Los Angeles (about 150 mi up from US southern border). I haven't been able to find out how long the average transit time is, but since it must pass through the Panama Canal I expect it to take at least 2 weeks, possibly more.

I don't currently have the production number but the last five numbers of my Vin are: 78052

Hope that helps.

Oops, I guess I should also include what I ordered:

2017 JCW convertible (The new JCW convertibles are 2017 models)
Pepper White Paint
Sport Auto Trans
JCW Sport cloth seats - black
Dynamic damper control
17" Black Track Spoke Wheels
Rear camera & parking assist
Cockpit Chrono Package (a fancy name for gauges)

·
Registered
11 Posts
An update to my last post.

I was told today that my 2017 JCW convertible is on a vessel named "Tiger" and it left the port in England on April 27th.

They also said that my expected delivery date is May 20th, which would be slightly over three weeks from its departure date. That travel/delivery time seems logical especially if the ship makes other stops while in route to the west coast of the US.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I too am on "Tiger" it is scheduled to arrive port in Baltimore MD, this Friday 05/06/2016.

I am awaiting my first Mini, a Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 :D

Congrats, ...and it shouldn't be too much longer!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes that does seem about right for a vehicle that is built almost half way around the world from where it is being delivered,.......... plus the added delay of the Panama Canal.

Moreover, I just tracked the vessel "Tiger" it is first headed to Baltimore, which confirms it is going to make at least one other stop prior to its California destination.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
It appears the shipping times have improved. I ordered mine the first week of July last year and it arrived here the end of October and I took delivery the 30th. We considered the European delivery for one of our other cars, but opted not to due to time constraints and other plans.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ahhhhh... the anticipation. My mini was ordered on 02-29-16 and I drove it home from the dealer on 04-28-16. So, 2 months. It should arrive at the port in Galveston, TX. You can track the ship it's on if you have the vessel name. Go to www.vesselfinder.com.

By the way... you are going to LOVE your LED headlights with cornering lights. The BEST set of lights I have ever owned in my 30+ vehicles.

2016 Cooper S Hardtop 2 Door
White Silver
Cold Weather Package
Fully Loaded Package
Mini Yours Sport Leather Steering Wheel (the best I have ever wrapped my hands around!)
Universal Garage Opener
Chrome Line Interior
Black Roof/Mirrors
Roof Rails
Anthrocite Headliner
LED Front Fog Lights
Harmon Kardon Sound System (AMAZING!)
6-spd Manual baby!!!!!!!!!!

A plug for Mini. I traded in a 2013 BMW 328i that I was leasing for 3 years. The build quality on my Mini is every bit as good as my BMW, and in some areas better! The engine compartment on the Mini is amazing! Even the paint on the wheel wells inside are finished off properly with clear coat, unlike on my BMW. I am so impressed with this car!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

Just ordered my first MINI on 4/28/16. I hope it lives up to the hype. :D

2016 John Cooper Works Hardtop 2 Door

Color
A94 Midnight Black Body Color

Packages
7L5 Wired Package
3AG Rear-View Camera
ZCW Cold Weather Package
ZPP Premium Package

Options
223 Dynamic Damper Control
2HY 17" Black John Cooper Works Track Spoke
2TB 6-Speed Automatic with Paddle Shifters
3A3 Chili Red Roof/Mirrors
3AZ John Cooper Works Bonnet Stripes
4F3 Glowing Red Color Line
507 Rear Park Distance Control
5A4 LED Headlights with Cornering Lights
5AA Rear Fog Light
6AD MINI Head-Up Display
927 All-Season Tires
GSE1 Leather: Dinamica

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
After a 9 day wait in Southhampton, it looks like my car is finally on the water if it made it on the "Michigan Highway" that left the port about an hour ago. Will call the hotline later today to see if my F56 is actually on the water. Hat tip to Heisenberg for the ability to track my MINI at sea.

·
Registered
248 Posts
A Mini rep told me that they only deliver to a few ports, NYC, North or South Carolina (I forget which) and one other. They said they didn't think they used Galveston as a port.

I ask because I live in Houston and I think it would be cool if it arrived in G-town!

Ahhhhh... the anticipation. My mini was ordered on 02-29-16 and I drove it home from the dealer on 04-28-16. So, 2 months. It should arrive at the port in Galveston, TX. You can track the ship it's on if you have the vessel name. Go to www.vesselfinder.com.

By the way... you are going to LOVE your LED headlights with cornering lights. The BEST set of lights I have ever owned in my 30+ vehicles.

2016 Cooper S Hardtop 2 Door
White Silver
Cold Weather Package
Fully Loaded Package
Mini Yours Sport Leather Steering Wheel (the best I have ever wrapped my hands around!)
Universal Garage Opener
Chrome Line Interior
Black Roof/Mirrors
Roof Rails
Anthrocite Headliner
LED Front Fog Lights
Harmon Kardon Sound System (AMAZING!)
6-spd Manual baby!!!!!!!!!!

A plug for Mini. I traded in a 2013 BMW 328i that I was leasing for 3 years. The build quality on my Mini is every bit as good as my BMW, and in some areas better! The engine compartment on the Mini is amazing! Even the paint on the wheel wells inside are finished off properly with clear coat, unlike on my BMW. I am so impressed with this car!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.