Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
.............. Recent car buyers out there, how long did it take for your car to show up on the Mini Owners Lounge and be built from order date. I have a build number and my dealer says 6-8 weeks (I live in New Orleans, LA). I want to believe him, but have seen several posts where it has taken up to 12 weeks to get a new build to the states. Also anybody out there know what build numbers are being built currently? Looking forward to waving to/meeting all of my fellow mini drivers in the coming years.
This may or may not help but I can give you what I know about my recent order.

* The order was placed by my dealer on March 28, 2016 and they provided me with the production number. I entered that number in the Mini Owners web site and it took about 5 days for the car to show up on the Mini Owners Lounge. The status was: "Scheduled for production"

* On April 16, 2016 the status changed to: "Awaiting Transport."

* On April 30, 2016 the status changed to: "En Route"

I live on west coast of the United States (southern California) therefore it will be delivered to a port just north of Los Angeles (about 150 mi up from US southern border). I haven't been able to find out how long the average transit time is, but since it must pass through the Panama Canal I expect it to take at least 2 weeks, possibly more.

I don't currently have the production number but the last five numbers of my Vin are: 78052

Hope that helps.

Oops, I guess I should also include what I ordered:

2017 JCW convertible (The new JCW convertibles are 2017 models)
Pepper White Paint
Sport Auto Trans
JCW Sport cloth seats - black
Dynamic damper control
17" Black Track Spoke Wheels
Rear camera & parking assist
Cockpit Chrono Package (a fancy name for gauges)

· Registered
11 Posts
An update to my last post.

I was told today that my 2017 JCW convertible is on a vessel named "Tiger" and it left the port in England on April 27th.

They also said that my expected delivery date is May 20th, which would be slightly over three weeks from its departure date. That travel/delivery time seems logical especially if the ship makes other stops while in route to the west coast of the US.

· Registered
11 Posts
Yes that does seem about right for a vehicle that is built almost half way around the world from where it is being delivered,.......... plus the added delay of the Panama Canal.

Moreover, I just tracked the vessel "Tiger" it is first headed to Baltimore, which confirms it is going to make at least one other stop prior to its California destination.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.