Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 12000 miles I hit my first problem. I was turning onto another road and hit a dip in the road. The car wouldn't accelerate and I didn't realize the car had shut off. I downshifted first and that's when I realized it shut off. It restarted ok. Anyone have an idea what could have happened?

·
Registered
266 Posts
At 12000 miles I hit my first problem. I was turning onto another road and hit a dip in the road. The car wouldn't accelerate and I didn't realize the car had shut off. I downshifted first and that's when I realized it shut off. It restarted ok. Anyone have an idea what could have happened?
That is concerning! Which model/engine is it?

Maybe the engine shuts off automatically in the event of a collision, perhaps this sensor was triggered after you hit the dip in the road?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Random, possibly under-educated observation, perhaps the ignition toggle is a little too loose and the bump caused it to trigger? Might be worth looking at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.