Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Thanks Karl for turning Monday morning into Time Kill Central! It sure was a nice deviation from normal Monday! Great story and show, maybe I should have hung onto my Austin Healey 100-6 for 50 years on the chance I could have been so lucky! A great start to the week.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Great times, great cars! Spartan is the name for pre-computer cars & I love working on any of them! Get the air, fuel & spark working and you have a "runner"!

My therapy over the weekend was reviving a 1953 MG TD from it's slumber....I'm worn out from going through the gas tank all the way up to cleaning the twin carburetor floats in the bowls on the SU Carbs, but I got that baby running & driving! Oh yeah!!! Doesn't get any better except for maybe racing like in the video!

Now, I have to go to work and rest up! ;-)

John

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I remember SU carbs all too well. I made my own linkage with the help of my engineer uncle to replace the less than spectacular originals on my AH! It was a love/hate relationship with that car, I spent a lot more time with the hood up or underneath it dorking with engine and hydraulic clutch!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.