Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Last night happened to be the worst night for one of my friend. She reached her home late at night and out of tiredness she left her key in her car itself. Today morning, her car was missing and she don't have any idea on who took it and where it went. Even the locked cars are not safe nowadays, so we are the one who should take safety measures to protect our cars. She has posted a complaint. Hope she'll get justice soon.
It is not necessary to spend a lot of money for security. But you can follow few simple steps to divert the burglars (http://www.calgaryalarm.com/blog/car-security/15-ways-to-prevent-a-car-break-in/). It is also advisable to install a security camera viewing your car, because in case of theft at least you'll be able to identify who did that. Hope you'll find it useful.

·
Super Moderator
6,651 Posts
I have every sympathy we've all done things like that and been lucky but if the key is in the car you really can't complain about the theft! Apparently most common theft of uk cars is by stealing the keys from the house these days due better car security. Dont leave them any where obvious! Security cameras are of limited use with hooded crims but physical deterrents eg steering wheel clamps are good. Sadly with keys in the car uk insurers would refuse a payout too!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I'm sorry if her car has been stolen but leaving the key in is tempting to someone passing I'd guess, you say locked cars aren't safe, do you mean she had locked it? You need the key to do that!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sorry if her car has been stolen but leaving the key in is tempting to someone passing I'd guess, you say locked cars aren't safe, do you mean she had locked it? You need the key to do that!
Yeah she locked the car but she forgot to take the key with her. She left the key there itself. I know that the mistake is with her, but it'll be good if she gets her car back. Hoping for the best to happen

·
Registered
494 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can also install lockable bollards that can help protect your car from car theft. I recommend the one at firstchoicebollards.com.au!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts