Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a firmware upgrade or hack to get CarPlay enabled on the 2015 stereo with Mini Connected?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
This gives you Airplay display support (phone mirroring), not Carplay, though it may be compatible with the MINI's screen, assuming you can find a space for all that hardware. The big downside with Airplay over Carplay is that since you are just mirroring the phone's display, you'd still have to be physically touching your phone to do things, whereas Carplay uses the car's existing hardware to navigate around Carplay's interface.

·
Registered
56 Posts
There's a whole bunch of retrofit stuff from Asian countries that fit F56 with Visual boost. From about $250 to $400 depending on options. Some even have the backup camera functionality and mirror your phone with a touch sensitive screen overlay for the mini dash display. I have bookmarks somewhere on my PC. I was mostly looking for a way to get google maps from my phone to appear on the screen so I don't need a phone mount.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There's a whole bunch of retrofit stuff from Asian countries that fit F56 with Visual boost. From about $250 to $400 depending on options. Some even have the backup camera functionality and mirror your phone with a touch sensitive screen overlay for the mini dash display. I have bookmarks somewhere on my PC. I was mostly looking for a way to get google maps from my phone to appear on the screen so I don't need a phone mount.
Hi!

Could you tell us what those options are? I'm really interested in these. I have visual boost.

Thankss :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
I haven't tried them. I only just got my car and refinanced my house to half the mortgage from 30 to 15 years. So have to take it easy a few months till we get used to the new budget. But I posted some stuff at the end of this thread.

http://www.minif56.com/forum/409-electronics-audio/71201-navigation-using-google-apple-maps-non-nav-mini-connected.html

They look promising, affordable as in less than a click and drive system with GPS but are all asian import stuff and need to be installed by a professional or someone who knows what they are doing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I haven't tried them. I only just got my car and refinanced my house to half the mortgage from 30 to 15 years. So have to take it easy a few months till we get used to the new budget. But I posted some stuff at the end of this thread.

http://www.minif56.com/forum/409-electronics-audio/71201-navigation-using-google-apple-maps-non-nav-mini-connected.html

They look promising, affordable as in less than a click and drive system with GPS but are all asian import stuff and need to be installed by a professional or someone who knows what they are doing.
This option could be interesting.
https://car-solutions.com/en/multimedia-kit-with-hdmi-and-wi-fi-mirror-adapter-for-bmw.php

Instalation not seem dificult. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've found this
He told me he can update the idrive4 to idrive5 for 400$ and enable carplay for 100$
You Can control carplay from knob without touchscreen

1 - 20 of 69 Posts