Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Looking at options for my F56 Cooper S.

Is anyone running a Catless downpipe on the stock Cat back?

How's the noise levels with this?

Will I still get the performance benefit without changing the catback itself?

I don't mind abit of noise but don't want ear bleeding drone all the time, I ruined my last car with a poor exhaust choice! :(

Opinions welcome!
Tom.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Not read of anyone doing catless with std. exhaust... you may get a CEL error with some catless downpipes unless you have some error delete tools.

I don't think it will be that noisy with the std. exhaust as it's a bit quiet anyhow but that's only guessing.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Check out ADAMLZ videos on YouTube. He put a catless downpipe on his girlfriends F56. He had to install a resonator as the exhaust sound was ridiculous when idling and had this awful drone.
Came to mention this. I love what he's done so far.... aside from that.

What does everyone think of a catted Hi-flow DP?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check out ADAMLZ videos on YouTube. He put a catless downpipe on his girlfriends F56. He had to install a resonator as the exhaust sound was ridiculous when idling and had this awful drone.
That Mini does not have a stock catback, that's why it was so loud. I'm pretty sure he has a non-resonated Remus catback on it. That is why they had to add the res to quiet it down.

Seems the general consensus with catless downpipe and stock (non-jcw) catback is about 20% louder then stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.