Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at longer term ownership costs I have always found CBS to be a bit of a smoke screen as I cannot find easily online the recommend service intervals, or a service sheet of what needs to happen when ?
A quick and easy way to see when you can next expect a service was to use the cars own countdown clock to tell when next service was due, but it never really indicated the full scope of work required at the dealers.

So I have done some digging and found this, from what I can see apart from oil, brake fluid, oil air and fuel filters on this list, and transmission oil change on automatic boxes at 100000/135000

There is this one big bill coming eventually that may make you want sell the car….

Particulate filter service (diesel fuel) => carry it out after the CBS display appears, approximately every 300,000 km (depending on the driving style).
Particulate filter service (petrol) => carry it out after the CBS display appears, about every 240,000 km (depending on the driving style).

Pages and pages of steps of things to remove suggests that it will be quite a few work-shop hours to complete. There is apparently a 30,000k step down clock to let you know this is coming, so plenty of time to save up, get a quote for the work or move the car on.

Has anyone had this work done yet on a high mileage car, if so what was the actual bill ?

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

· Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this will read easier ….

Font Screenshot Number Parallel Document

and the “official information”….

Has the servicing light come up on your dash? That’s your MINI telling you something needs to be looked at. When booking online, please provide as much detail as you can, such as mileage or service lights appearing, so we can book you in for the service you require.

Unsure which service it is that you need? Please give details of your last service (if known), your MINI’s mileage and any service icons displayed. And if you’re one of our Teleservices customers, then you can sit back and relax – we’ll already know what your MINI needs (if you’re not, and want to be, you can sign up today).

· Super Moderator
8,843 Posts
It's pretty simple and clear tbh; every 2 years or 18k miles, whichever is first at the 2 year service it's or was in my jcw, oil and filter and brake fluid, then the 4 years one adds air pollen filters, plugs. No specified service interval for coolant or fuel filter-but Id do both every 4 and maybe gearbox too.

· Registered
91 Posts
There is this one big bill coming eventually that may make you want sell the car….

Particulate filter service (diesel fuel) => carry it out after the CBS display appears, approximately every 300,000 km (depending on the driving style).
Particulate filter service (petrol) => carry it out after the CBS display appears, about every 240,000 km (depending on the driving style).

Pages and pages of steps of things to remove suggests that it will be quite a few work-shop hours to complete. There is apparently a 30,000k step down clock to let you know this is coming, so plenty of time to save up, get a quote for the work or move the car on.

Has anyone had this work done yet on a high mileage car, if so what was the actual bill ?
With the SD you will also have the DPF additive bag which takes the place of having an AdBlue tank, I think these need doing at about 80k miles - the part is approx £80, pretty sure it can be DIY but will need the codes resetting.

The Replace Diesel Particulate Filter which I presume is what you're referring to above is listed on the mini site as needed at approx 125k to 155k and £2171.97 at a main dealer.

My experience would say if it makes it that far - my SD had 2 DPF replacements in the 3.5 years I had it - luckily all under warranty.

· Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks I guess my car will be only worth 4K at best @ 8/9 years old and 125+ miles
so I cannot see the value in spending more than 2k on a service,
it won’t make it into a 6k car, it will be a 4K with a recent service :censored:
is the 2k bill including vat ?

· Registered
91 Posts
Thanks I guess my car will be only worth 4K at best @ 8/9 years old and 125+ miles
so I cannot see the value in spending more than 2k on a service,
it won’t make it into a 6k car, it will be a 4K with a recent service :censored:
is the 2k bill including vat ?
Like with anything car wise, it's what it's worth to you... I remember us paying £500 for a head re-skim on my wife's Fiat Cinquecento after a blown head gasket, the car was only worth £500 and some said we were daft for doing it. But we knew the background and maintenance of the car, spending £500 on another car instead would mean going to the unknown, her car lasted another 18 months after the fix and even then only went due being written off in an accident.

The £2k was booking at my local dealer on the mini website, i'm sure you could get it cheaper at a good indie... or... cough DPF delete cough

1 - 7 of 7 Posts