Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

Anyone having experience with an electronic chime or icon to alert you when it is time for cbs service ?

On my 2nd Gen, there was always a chime and triangle or picture of a car on a hoist when my car was due for service via CBS.

My 2015 was built in July 2014 and I took delivery in Oct 2014.
The car computer says that I need service 12,000 / July 2015.
I do believe that the car needs an oil change from the time of manufacture and not the time of delivery ? That makes it sometime in July 2015

I am waiting for something to happen on my car dash display ?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks very much !

BTW, I called yesterday my MSA.....I left a voice mail message...nobody has had the decency to call me back.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oil change times are either mileage/fuel used of "time in service" so not since build. If oil has not been through heat cycles it doesn't degrade..

No so true.
CBS for oil change is calculated 1yr or 12,000 km. it actually says on my computer when I start my car.
Whatever comes first.
For my case it will be in July 2015 because that is the one year anniversary.
I have not done 12,000 km yet.
I fact, I just checked my computer and it is telling me to make a service appointment for an oil change. This validates my theory. But I was looking for either a service reminder chime and/or light to come on the dash. This was my question.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, it's wrong, but whatever. (Many years working with mineral and synthetic oils plus an engineering degree tells me this..:))
When did your warranty start? July or October?
Warranty started in October. The CBS takes the guess work out of when to service the vehicle. The service logarithm is based on many factors.
The car was born in July. The computer starts to tick from the date of birth.
The computer is correct. When I scroll thru the cars menu today for service, it actually says to make an appointment for an oil change. My 2008 had a chime, and a triangle with an exclamation mark in the center of it. I was looking for one or two of these reminders to make an appointment. Will I see something to this effect on my 2015 or make an appointment now as per the cars computer ?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Do you guys in the US have the TLC free servicing pack? If so, get it done, no harm, if not I would argue the point and they dealer will reset it to come in from collection time + 12 months.

"Real" BMW's European variable/dynamic service interval works on only two factors, time passed for Annual servicing or litres of fuel used, that's it, no algorithm. VAG Group are the same as are JLR. I am happy to corrected that MINI BMW have something clever up their sleeve, but I doubt it! :)

·
Registered
457 Posts
On the question of CBS servicing why is the display showing 1Year/12000km?
My JCW was built in May '15 and shows due May '17/17000+ miles (2 years/18000 interval).....not that I won't do an oil change long before that!

·
Registered
80 Posts
The display will turn from red lettering to yellow on start up to notify you of impending service. I just had my first service last week. It's 1 years or 10,000m/12,000km. Mine said July 2015 was my service 1 year, and I didn't take delivery until November, so it's from build date.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The display will turn from red lettering to yellow on start up to notify you of impending service. I just had my first service last week. It's 1 years or 10,000m/12,000km. Mine said July 2015 was my service 1 year, and I didn't take delivery until November, so it's from build date.
d

THANK YOU !
This is what I was looking for. AMAZING. ??

So there is no more chime or symbol ?

My lettering is now yellow too.

Scrolling thru the Menu on the radio and then selecting Service,
it does say to bring in my vehicle for service and have the oil changed.

I guess there is no more chime or symbol like the 2nd gen car I had ?

·
Super Moderator
8,825 Posts
Sounds like in the usa where they dont have the tlc they have to have the car serviced yearly. Here in the uk it's mileage/algorithm based (shorter journeys seem to move the miles on sooner, but i could be corrected here) ie when it tells you or every two years, whichever comes first. I will change mine myself this year!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Condition Based Service (CBS) - The MINI Concept

In CANADA, it is called CBS (Computer Based Service) ....this is how it works.....

Condition Based Service (CBS) - The MINI Concept

Inflexible service intervals? No way! Servicing appointments for your MINI vary according to how often, how adventurously and how far you drive. In order to determine exactly when it's time for a check-up, your MINI monitors all of its important components itself: with built-in sensors, it can record the state of the brake pads or brake discs as well as engine oil or brake fluid levels. Using special algorithms, the MINI calculates all values in advance and then indicates when maintenance and servicing works needs to be carried out.

In this way, your MINI is serviced only when it's absolutely necessary, thus eliminating unnecessary journeys to service workshops − and saving time and money. And if you want to be absolutely on the safe side, then get a MINI Service Inclusive package when you go in for your first oil change, or even earlier. For a one-off payment, all agreed services are covered completely − whenever they're needed and at all participating MINI Service Partners throughout Canada.

You don't need to remember when this first oil change is due − because your MINI reminds you in good time of all upcoming servicing requirements. However, if you want to keep an eye on things for yourself, then you can, of course: All information is available in the Check Control Display in the rev counter or in the navigation system display in your MINI.

Even when you're at the garage, you don't need to put your memory in gear: your MINI Service Partner can simply read the CBS data saved on your MINI key and immediately see which servicing tasks need to be performed. After all, there are more important things to sue your memory for − such as the last sharp corner you took in your MINI, for example.

·
Registered
80 Posts
d

THANK YOU !
This is what I was looking for. AMAZING. ??

So there is no more chime or symbol ?

My lettering is now yellow too.

Scrolling thru the Menu on the radio and then selecting Service,
it does say to bring in my vehicle for service and have the oil changed.

I guess there is no more chime or symbol like the 2nd gen car I had ?
I'm unsure if it will chime or give the warning triangle once it's gets down to a certain mileage. Mine was at 600 when I had mine serviced.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had my first scheduled service done about 10 weeks ago @ just under 3K before it was due and it read 15K to next service after the reset, it then crept up to 17K over the next 4.5K and has finally started to drop. I will keep an eye on it to time an extra oil change in the middle with no reset.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.