Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After passing the 10,000km mark, the engine give an heavy cloud of smoke and start to shake and rattle, goes under protection and finally go away. Finishing my ride on the towing. Long wait until monday for an inspection at my dealer.:(

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My Mini should be back on the road tomorrow, the serviceman had to reprogram the ECU, change spark plugs and found a melted exhaust bracket, not broken but melted. They have no idea why this happen because its winter here.

·
Registered
258 Posts
My Mini should be back on the road tomorrow, the serviceman had to reprogram the ECU, change spark plugs and found a melted exhaust bracket, not broken but melted. They have no idea why this happen because its winter here.
Yep, best of luck, hope you are all good to go. Always a slight worry when you get the 'we've fixed it but no idea why it happened' spiel from the service centre. Still , that's why you're warrantied!

Reactions: gillest
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.