Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Contemplating an ECU tune - the Stage 2 tune, yet to get a quote but very intrigued by these figures.

How do you think the drivetrain and autobox would handle this amount of power and torque?

·
Registered
103 Posts
There's always impressive gains to be made from diesel engines since they seem to be strongly built, however I have had issues with clutch slip in a VW Bora manual after adding @25bhp to the stock 115bhp. I've had no issues since in a chipped Mazda 5 and BMW 125d manual and auto respectively, so perhaps just a one off. Also BMW and others are going only auto for their most powerful cars so perhaps the autos are leaving the manual transmissions behind, well in terms of power handling at least...

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's always impressive gains to be made from diesel engines since they seem to be strongly built, however I have had issues with clutch slip in a VW Bora manual after adding @25bhp to the stock 115bhp. I've had no issues since in a chipped Mazda 5 and BMW 125d manual and auto respectively, so perhaps just a one off. Also BMW and others are going only auto for their most powerful cars so perhaps the autos are leaving the manual transmissions behind, well in terms of power handling at least...
I know the engine is safely capable of that power as its just a detuned 25d variant, but its whether the gearbox would be able to handle it is my query.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts