Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having issues with their Center Console Ambient Lighting whereby it and the interior ambient lights STOPPED cycling thru the various colors.

Mine has stopped working this evening and I went to the menu to see if any of the setting were changed. I reset them and no change. The Speed Light on the center console works just fine. The Green mode lights works fine too. Could this be a software or hardware issue ?

I know, take it in for service, it's under warranty.

The car just came back for a PuMA related issue. Parts were out of stock and then it went in for service when the arrived. I gave them my spare key fob. My key fob is set different from the spare. The Ambient Lighting doesn't work anymore. Is this a common problem ?

I have NEVER had a new car in the shop so MANY times for all different and unrelated issues. This is of concern. Weird, just very weird.

· Registered
959 Posts
Have you had a search through other posts on this issue?

Here is a previous post about something similar

· Registered
2014 Mini Cooper 1.5
11 Posts
@anonemouse70 I did, but the issue I'm seeing is slightly different to the ones in that post and more similar to @hotrunner here.

My (my daughters) lights used to cycle through all the colours with the switch up near the sunroof switch, but now the lights are stuck on blue, they still update based on heating controls, sport/green mode, etc... but don't cycle through the available colors. In fact, using that switch turns on/off the dome lights now?!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.