Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my F55 for about a month now and I noticed for the first time that the center instrument (LED ring) in the cockpit was pulsating every few seconds and the button which controls the flashing hazard lights was illuminated red.

I've never noticed this before. It's almost like it's the knight rider car and it's trying to talk to me.

My car DOES NOT have an alarm system.

Is this normal? Is my car trying to tell me something is wrong, or is it trying to pretend it has an alarm system to scare away potential car thieves?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Is alarm not standard on all minis?

Anyway this light is called heart beat you can disable it

Remeber on r56 it was on the tachometer...

I think it's more above immobilzer than alarm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is alarm not standard on all minis?

Anyway this light is called heart beat you can disable it

Remeber on r56 it was on the tachometer...

I think it's more above immobilzer than alarm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No alarm systems are not standard on all Minis. It's a $250? add on feature.

What do you mean more above immobilizer? My R50 didn't have it but my F55 has a pulse. Maybe it was always there and I did not notice it, but it seems like it just started doing it today.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So basically it's saying the car is immobilised until somebody shows up and unlocks it with the right FOB, correct? Is the immobilizer the feature that makes the car impossible to hotwire?

It's cool if it looks to potential criminals like I have an alarm system installed.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The pulsing light is called the heartbeat and serves no function other than just looking cool. It turns off after a few minutes of locking the car. The hazard light button and the "P" on the shifter (if you have an automatic) will stay lit for longer, but it's perfectly normal.

If you want to turn off the heartbeat, on the headunit, go to SETTINGS --> CENTER INSTRUMENT --> EVENT DISPLAY and uncheck "Heartbeat". You can also enable/disable other events the light ring reacts to.

The alarm system (if equipped - not std) has a separate indicator under the rearview mirror that cannot be disabled - it will continually flash while the system is armed.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The pulsing light is called the heartbeat and serves no function other than just looking cool. It turns off after a few minutes of locking the car. The hazard light button and the "P" on the shifter (if you have an automatic) will stay lit for longer, but it's perfectly normal.

If you want to turn off the heartbeat, on the headunit, go to SETTINGS --> CENTER INSTRUMENT --> EVENT DISPLAY and uncheck "Heartbeat". You can also enable/disable other events the light ring reacts to.

The alarm system (if equipped - not std) has a separate indicator under the rearview mirror that cannot be disabled - it will continually flash while the system is armed.

It's pretty cool so I think I'll leave it on. It just sort of freaked me out this morning as nobody told me about that and I never noticed it before. I kinda wish it kept flashing to scare away burglars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my F55 for about a month now and I noticed for the first time that the center instrument (LED ring) in the cockpit was pulsating every few seconds and the button which controls the flashing hazard lights was illuminated red.

I've never noticed this before. It's almost like it's the knight rider car and it's trying to talk to me.

My car DOES NOT have an alarm system.

Is this normal? Is my car trying to tell me something is wrong, or is it trying to pretend it has an alarm system to scare away potential car thieves?
My red heartbeat stays on all the time why when all I have read says it goes off after a few minutes

·
Registered
2015 Mini Cooper
1 Posts
Okay I thought the same thing, I went to unlock the rear hatch while the doors were locked and noticed the red pulsing light as well. I thought it was the alarm until I recently discovered I don’t have a alarm, I def want to add it.
But yes it threw me off , pretty cool features on this car though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts