Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if anyone has successfully removed the central information display to gain access to the main head unit? I've removed the outer ring and the two lower screws but it is still attached at the top somehow and I really don't want to break it. I think it has a plastic catch which can be accessed by removing the center dash speaker cover.

I'm upgrading the speakers and adding an amp so need access to the quad lock connector at the rear of the head unit.

Its item number 1 in the pic

Attachments

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've just managed to remove that part, it was a single plasic catch that you access from the middle dash hole where the center speaker would be installed. Then the two air vents on either side of the head unit need popping out. The head unit can then be unscrewed and manovered out.

· Registered
4 Posts
The air vent in the top of the dash pops out with a plastic trim removal tool.

You will need to use a scren driver to push down on the plastic tab you can just see from th vent. Pull the screen gently at the same time and it should come out. Either side of the main plastic clip are also a metal clip.

You don't need to remove the air vents for the screen to come out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.