Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, has anyone removed the centre console and if so do you have any tips? Removed the two screws at the front near the back of the down tubes and a couple underneath the idrive controller.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I did two weeks ago to install the NM Short Shift adaptor. It's not hard to do, just tedious, and a bit annoying in a Florida summer. Make sure your handbrake is pulled ALL the way up when it's time to remove it. Also, mind your seatbelts when you start putting things back together.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did two weeks ago to install the NM Short Shift adaptor. It's not hard to do, just tedious, and a bit annoying in a Florida summer. Make sure your handbrake is pulled ALL the way up when it's time to remove it. Also, mind your seatbelts when you start putting things back together.
Any ideas how to remove the handbrake grip itself?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Found this which tells me what I need, will leave here incase anyone else needs it:

http://www.nm-eng.com/media/attachments/361_NM.668846.pdf
I found this but the link no longer works.

I am trying to change the centre console for one that takes the Mini armrest. Have all the bits and am ok unscrewing all the requires fixings etc but the console will not pull up over the Hand Brake handle. How did you manage yours? Any advice.

Bryan. (UK)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts