Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I hope you can help me, your help and advice would be very much appreciated :)

I have a 2015 Mini Cooper which I absolutely love. However, I've had a few issues with the centre ring colour display. On occasion, the centre ring would fail to come on unless I went into the menu to turn it back on. I took my car to my local dealer who kept it for a couple of days, upon collection it all seemed fine but I didn't go through the 'colour cycle' so I only noticed once home that it was missing the dark pink colour (picture attached). After comparing it to another 2015 Mini Cooper, I realised I only had 11 colours whereas the other vehicle had 12 inclusive of the dark pink colour. I contacted my local dealer who were very quick to get it booked in again for assessment (cannot fault the service I have received, they have been brilliant) I have collected it today after 10 days of it being at the dealership under investigation.
I now have 12 colours BUT I am still missing the dark pink colour. I am told that there has been an update on the 'chilli pack' and the colours are now different shades, I asked to see a 2016 mini with the 'chilli pack' in the showroom and this one has the dark pink colour that I'm missing but I was told that the 2016 vehicle didn't have the most recent update. When holding down the button to force it to go through all the whole cycle the pink colour is there. Has anyone on here have a 2016 plate mini with the the dark pink colour? Does anyone have an ideas or any advice what I could do?

Your help would be much appreciated, thankyou for reading

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Have you used the switch on the left on the head liner to change the interior colors? I have mine set to blue and used that switch to go thru the colors including the ring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies, I have gone through the cycle numerous times and cannot locate the dark pink colour. I'll try and post the picture again, not the best quality as have had to reduce the size, apologies it wasn't in the original post. I just want to check whether what I've been told is correct, that there has been an update on the 2016 models which includes different shades of colours...

Follow the link for the picture..many thanks. The link is to drop box

https://www.dropbox.com/s/402anaajeijvler/image.jpeg?dl=0

·
Registered
768 Posts
My 2015 MCS has that color. If they did indeed update the colors and you have updated software that removed that color, I doubt you can go backwards to the previous version.

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
509 Posts
Unfortunately there is not much you can do about this. Your next course of action is to go and place a customer complaint direct with Mini expressing your dissatisfaction with the update and you want the deep pink colour reinstalled in the next update.

Thats the problem with updates, you just dont know what they are playing with. I work for the government and when they do software updates on our computers, we always have issues of other programs not working.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I cant help with your specific issue but i do know from having a 2016 clubman loan car that the light colours were different than in my 2014 So there may well have been changes implemented.

Also the reason you might be seeing the pink when it cycles is that as the led's change they create multile different combinations, but the set combinations only contain a few of these. Its an odd one for the developers to tinker with, you would think they would have better things to fix

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.